Review: could Dilaudid cause Peripheral edema (Oedema Peripheral)?
Summary: Peripheral edema is found among people who take Dilaudid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 9,786 people who have side effects while taking Dilaudid from FDA and social media. Among them, 722 have Peripheral edema. Find out below who they are, when they have Peripheral edema and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dilaudid and have Peripheral edema >>>
Dilaudid has active ingredients of hydromorphone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Dilaudid 10,263 users)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 9,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Dilaudid. Among them, 722 people (7.38%) have Peripheral Edema.
Time on Dilaudid when people have Peripheral edema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Peripheral edema||76.19%||4.76%||14.29%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Peripheral edema when taking Dilaudid * :
|Peripheral edema||67.96%||32.04% |
Age of people who have Peripheral edema when taking Dilaudid * :
|Peripheral edema||0.00%||0.00%||0.15%||3.40%||15.43%||20.37%||30.25%||30.40% |
Severity of Peripheral edema when taking Dilaudid ** :
How people recovered from Peripheral edema ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (165 people, 22.85%)
- Osteoporosis (75 people, 10.39%)
- Multiple myeloma (56 people, 7.76%)
- Breast cancer (37 people, 5.12%)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging brain (37 people, 5.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (295 people, 40.86%)
- Lasix (233 people, 32.27%)
- Aredia (214 people, 29.64%)
- Ambien (211 people, 29.22%)
- Levaquin (203 people, 28.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Peripheral Edema while taking Dilaudid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dilaudid and have Peripheral Edema
- support group for people who take Dilaudid
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Anyone develop burning mouth syndrome taking exalgo
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Burning Mouth Syndrome ??, and takes Exalgo)
started on ER meds for pain in jan 2014; stomach pain; continued trying diff ones; got to exalgo 8mg thought had sore throat and med didn't work ; went to 12 mg and gums bleeding, swollen, mouth burning has yet to stop since beginning of aug 2014. anyone experience similar and resolutions???
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
- Is there a connection between black mold and pseudotumor cerebri
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Frequent Headaches, and takes Dilaudid)
We have detected black mold in our home recently. I have had Trigeminal Neuralgia, Chari Malformation and have been diagnosed with Intracranial Hypertension. I now have a lumbar shunt but he constant pressure headaches, fatigue, memory loss, insomnia, sleeping a lot, dizziness etc is still present. ...
- Dr. increased dilaudid due to agitation. i have a big problem with this.
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Small Cell Neurodendocrine Carcinoma, and takes Dilaudid)
She was started on iv dilaudid and increased twice. The last time really upset me. She wanted to get out of bed over and over for several hours. The doctor increased the dilaudid. She did stop the agitation, but I'm still very upset over the increase.
- If dilaudid causes blood glucose spike and insulin is used, will this cause patient to have diabetes forever?
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Bladder Disorder, and takes Dilaudid)
24 year old admitted to hospital with abdominal paid (was born with exposed bladder - 70+ surgeries to-date - uses catheters daily) and was given Dilaudid which causes blood glucose to spike - then was given insulin to reverse the sugar spike.
More questions for: Dilaudid, Peripheral edema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has I, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Pain, Scar-tissue Adhesions, Bowel Blockage, Sepsis, Sepsis Hallucinations, and takes Clonazepam, Dilaudid)
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Trinesha white need medical care advice on if it is possible to mix two medicine together
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Sickle Cell Anaemia With Crisis, and takes Pentoxifylline, Dilaudid)
Can they be able to mix trinesha white need medical care advice on if it is possible to mix two medicine together
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
- Savella & synthroid hell! (3 responses)
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Hypermetanephrinemia, Insomnia, Palpitations, Hyperhidrosis, and takes Flexeril, Dilaudid, Morphine Sulfate, Fentanyl, Synthroid, Savella)
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I m ...
More reviews for: Dilaudid, Peripheral edema
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a patient with Lupus. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
Comments: I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia and I had surgery on my intestine. 5 1/2 inches were taken removed from my rectum because of a polyp that was flat against the wall of my intestine. My joints and muscles are really sore and because I was given prednisone for years my bones are very bad. I get a shot of ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, Vitamin D, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Synthroid for a patient with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Vitamin D Decreased, Pelvic Discomfort, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Chronic Low Back, Low Thyroid. The patient has Degenerative Joint Disease, Scoliosis, Anal Stenosis, Arthritis
Comments: five weeks ago I received Botox injections for my chronic low back pain....now I can hardly stand up straight and walk...the chiropractor says that my pelvis is now severely tipped...this has just happened since the Botox injection s
- A study of side effects of Dilaudid for a patient with Pain. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: My husband is taken Dilaudid while in the hospital & I have repeatedly told the doctor that they have given him too much. He gets restless, irritated, impatient, see things that are not there, etc. He wants to argue with me, says things that make no sense, then gets angry when I don't understand wha ...
More related studies for: Dilaudid, Peripheral edema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.