Review: could Dilaudid cause Peripheral edema (Oedema Peripheral)?
Summary: Peripheral edema is found among people who take Dilaudid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 9,790 people who have side effects while taking Dilaudid from FDA and social media. Among them, 722 have Peripheral edema. Find out below who they are, when they have Peripheral edema and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dilaudid and have Peripheral edema >>>
Dilaudid has active ingredients of hydromorphone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 10,266 Dilaudid users)
On Feb, 17, 2015: 9,788 people reported to have side effects when taking Dilaudid. Among them, 722 people (7.38%) have Peripheral Edema.
Time on Dilaudid when people have Peripheral edema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Peripheral edema||76.19%||4.76%||14.29%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Peripheral edema when taking Dilaudid * :
|Peripheral edema||67.96%||32.04% |
Age of people who have Peripheral edema when taking Dilaudid * :
|Peripheral edema||0.00%||0.00%||0.15%||3.40%||15.43%||20.37%||30.25%||30.40% |
Severity of Peripheral edema when taking Dilaudid ** :
How people recovered from Peripheral edema ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (165 people, 22.85%)
- Osteoporosis (75 people, 10.39%)
- Multiple myeloma (56 people, 7.76%)
- Breast cancer (37 people, 5.12%)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging brain (37 people, 5.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (295 people, 40.86%)
- Lasix (233 people, 32.27%)
- Aredia (214 people, 29.64%)
- Ambien (211 people, 29.22%)
- Levaquin (203 people, 28.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Peripheral Edema while taking Dilaudid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dilaudid and have Peripheral Edema
- support group for people who take Dilaudid
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Exalgo, Norco, Paxil, Antabuse, Valium, Nuvigil for a 53-year old woman with Ventricular Tachycardia, Depression, Neuropathy Peripheral, Alcoholism, Stress And Anxiety, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Oedema Peripheral
Recent Dilaudid related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.