Review: could Diltiazem hydrochloride cause Arthritis?
Summary: Arthritis is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Cardiac disorder.
We study 6,055 people who have side effects while taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Arthritis >>>
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Diltiazem hydrochloride 6,555 users)
Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Arthritis 56,649 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 6,055 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride. Among them, 35 people (0.58%) have Arthritis.
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Arthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Arthritis when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Arthritis when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
Severity of Arthritis when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Arthritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cardiac disorder (6 people, 17.14%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 17.14%)
- Swelling (5 people, 14.29%)
- Atrial fibrillation (5 people, 14.29%)
- Prophylaxis (5 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (11 people, 31.43%)
- Celebrex (9 people, 25.71%)
- Lansoprazole (9 people, 25.71%)
- Nitroglycerin (8 people, 22.86%)
- Zocor (7 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arthritis while taking Diltiazem Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Arthritis
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can high dose aspirin cause joint pain like arthritis?
Told by Cardiologist to take 300mg aspirin daily and anti coagulant, both for about 1 year following insertion of stent, and because of 60% blockage on another unstented artery. Now getting joint pains like arthritis.
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing worked. the actual problem in my lumber spine is not serious enough to have surgery at this time.
My question is if I need major surgery and need to take an opiate pain med would I have to get off the 1 1/2 mg of suboxone so I don't to go into withdrawal (as a doc once told me)? I'm 72 & the possibility of needing surgery is high, especially since I've had breast, colon & skin cancer. thank you
- Is dramamine ok to take with afib
I want to take Dramamine for dizziness....is it ok with all these other meds. I have afib
- Can you mix mobic and flexerill
I need the mobic for joint relief and the ativan for anxiety. The cardizem is for my blood pressure.The flexeril helps my muscles relax and i can sleep better. Are these combinations safe?
- Are any of you having problems with your legs and knees freezing and other symptoms of nerve damage? (1 answer)
The only way my knees and legs get warm is when i stretch out in bed to go to sleep. Putting a heater in front of them does no good at all. alcohol works for a little while but then the freezing starts all over.
More questions for: Diltiazem hydrochloride, Arthritis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible (1 response)
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/knees/back.
I finally got insurance sorted out a week and a half later and started my 30-day supply. I got my period (again! And once more heavy and painful!) on July 30, and am currently on day 8. No sign of it slowing or stopping. Still no pain relief, and it's been close to two weeks. I can't take my Tramadol or ibuprofen, and all I'm getting out of the Celebrex is weight gain, worsening depression, and period problems.
If there was a rating system on this site, Celebrex would get as close to negative points as it would allow.
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Nausea with felodipine
I am incapacitated by nausea and headaches until mid afternoon. I take 5 mg felodipine each night about 11 pm. What can I do to manage it.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After repeated setbacks of being re admitted to the hospital for hypercalcemia with symptoms of nausea, vomiting we sought out tests to determine cause. Multiple myeloma, parathyroid issues were ruled out. After almost six months my mother was taken off the anti fungal Fluconizole and I was expecting to have to return her to the hospital for another hypercalcemia event within 2 to 2.5 weeks of being discharged, but alas it has been a month to the day and her calcium levels are starting to stabilize. On another note, her white counts had been elevated beyond 11.5 and as high as 39 for 5 1/2 months and finally after getting off of Fluconizole her wBC's are sitting at 10.5, which is better than we have seen since June 2013. Just to mention, my mothers calcium levels when peaked to cause symptoms of nausea and vomiting would generally be at 13-17.
More reviews for: Diltiazem hydrochloride, Arthritis
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- In February 2014, I broke my left distal fibula cleanly so did not require surgery. Now 10 months in and bone still is not fully healed. My Orthopeadic doctor asked if I have osteoporosis. I have no history of osteoporosis personally nor within my family history. Am seriously concerned that my m ...
- If Diltiazem is a calcium blocker, could it be causing or perpetuating my
osteoporosis. In the past two years I have taken Forteo injections daily
with no improvement when I was given a scanning. The scanning revealed a
T score of minus 3. Has Diltiazem defeated FOrteo and the preceding use of
- was recently in-between insurance so went off diltiazem for high blood pressure for one month...persistent (bordering on chronic) migraine headaches dissipated after approx one week off medication and continued migraine free until restarted regular full dose diltiazem (120 mg 2x daily) after 6 weeks ...
- I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
- five weeks ago I received Botox injections for my chronic low back pain....now I can hardly stand up straight and walk...the chiropractor says that my pelvis is now severely tipped...this has just happened since the Botox injection s
More related studies for: Diltiazem hydrochloride, Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.