Review: could Diltiazem hydrochloride cause Arthritis?
Summary: Arthritis is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Cardiac disorder.
We study 6,069 people who have side effects while taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Arthritis >>>
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 6,568 Diltiazem hydrochloride users)
Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 59,110 Arthritis patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 6,069 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride. Among them, 35 people (0.58%) have Arthritis.
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Arthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Arthritis when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Arthritis when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
Severity of Arthritis when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Arthritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cardiac disorder (6 people, 17.14%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 17.14%)
- Swelling (5 people, 14.29%)
- Atrial fibrillation (5 people, 14.29%)
- Prophylaxis (5 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (11 people, 31.43%)
- Celebrex (9 people, 25.71%)
- Lansoprazole (9 people, 25.71%)
- Nitroglycerin (8 people, 22.86%)
- Zocor (7 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Diltiazem hydrochloride and arthritis on
Do you have Arthritis while taking Diltiazem Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Arthritis
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rash (redness)
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lamotrigine, Lexapro, Atenolol for a 44-year old man with Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
Recent Diltiazem hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.