Review: could Diltiazem hydrochloride cause Atrioventricular block?
Summary: Atrioventricular block is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Cardiac disorder.
We study 6,069 people who have side effects while taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 41 have Atrioventricular block. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrioventricular block and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Atrioventricular block >>>
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 6,568 Diltiazem hydrochloride users)
Atrioventricular block (heart block) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, depression, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 4,650 Atrioventricular block patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 6,066 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride. Among them, 41 people (0.68%) have Atrioventricular Block.
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Atrioventricular block * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrioventricular block||71.43%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrioventricular block when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Atrioventricular block||34.09%||65.91% |
Age of people who have Atrioventricular block when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Atrioventricular block||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.33%||2.33%||13.95%||9.30%||72.09% |
Severity of Atrioventricular block when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Atrioventricular block ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cardiac disorder (6 people, 14.63%)
- Sedation (6 people, 14.63%)
- Vasodilatation (6 people, 14.63%)
- Hypotonia (6 people, 14.63%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 14.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (10 people, 24.39%)
- Vecuronium bromide (8 people, 19.51%)
- Fentanyl citrate (7 people, 17.07%)
- Midazolam (7 people, 17.07%)
- Dopamine hcl (7 people, 17.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrioventricular Block while taking Diltiazem Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Atrioventricular Block
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rash (redness)
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lamotrigine, Lexapro, Atenolol for a 44-year old man with Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Cartia Xt for a 68-year old man with A-fib. The patient has Pain - Hip
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Klor-con, Celebrex, Imdur, Furosemide, Simvastatin, Famotidine, Cardizem Cd, Diovan for a 64-year old woman with Heart Rate Increased, Heart Disease, Joint Pain. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Joint Pain
Recent Diltiazem hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Taztia Xt, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 92-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Decreased
- Comparions of Furosemide, Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Candesartan Cilexetil, Digoxin for a 81-year old woman who has Atrial Flutter
- Comparions of Norvasc, Cardizem, Lipitor for a 85-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Xarelto, Tiazac for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension - Essential
- Comparions of Crestor, Cardizem, Flexeril for a 65-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.