Review: could Diltiazem hydrochloride cause Atrioventricular block complete?
Summary: Atrioventricular block complete is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Atenolol, and have High blood pressure.
We study 6,069 people who have side effects while taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Atrioventricular block complete. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrioventricular block complete and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Atrioventricular block complete >>>
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 6,568 Diltiazem hydrochloride users)
Atrioventricular block complete
Atrioventricular block complete (heart block complete) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 4,325 Atrioventricular block complete patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 6,069 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride. Among them, 54 people (0.89%) have Atrioventricular Block Complete.
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Atrioventricular block complete * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrioventricular block complete||30.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||10.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrioventricular block complete when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Atrioventricular block complete||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Atrioventricular block complete when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Atrioventricular block complete||1.79%||0.00%||1.79%||0.00%||7.14%||10.71%||7.14%||71.43% |
Severity of Atrioventricular block complete when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Atrioventricular block complete ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (8 people, 14.81%)
- Ill-defined disorder (5 people, 9.26%)
- Oedema (4 people, 7.41%)
- Gastric ulcer (3 people, 5.56%)
- Atrial fibrillation (3 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (7 people, 12.96%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 12.96%)
- Torsemide (7 people, 12.96%)
- Furosemide (6 people, 11.11%)
- Atorvastatin (5 people, 9.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrioventricular Block Complete while taking Diltiazem Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Atrioventricular Block Complete
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Atrioventricular Block Complete
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cardizem for a 50-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure. The patient has Ra
- A study of drug interactions between Mirtazapine, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Warfarin Sodium, Vicodin, Lipitor for a 61-year old man with Depression, Biopsy Prostate, Anxiety, Afib, Sleep Disorder, Pain, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lamotrigine, Lexapro, Atenolol for a 44-year old man with Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
Recent Diltiazem hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.