Review: could Diltiazem hydrochloride cause Bad dreams (Nightmares)?
Summary: Bad dreams is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Quinapril hcl, and have Arthritis.
We study 6,069 people who have side effects while taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Bad dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Bad dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Bad dreams >>>
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 6,570 Diltiazem hydrochloride users)
Bad dreams (unpleasant dreams) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 14,339 Bad dreams patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 6,069 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride. Among them, 7 people (0.12%) have Bad Dreams.
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Bad dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bad dreams||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bad dreams when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Bad dreams||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Bad dreams when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Bad dreams||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||71.43% |
Severity of Bad dreams when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bad dreams||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bad dreams ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (2 people, 28.57%)
- Migraine (1 people, 14.29%)
- Blood pressure increased (1 people, 14.29%)
- High blood cholesterol (1 people, 14.29%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Quinapril hcl (2 people, 28.57%)
- Verapamil hydrochloride (2 people, 28.57%)
- Dyazide (2 people, 28.57%)
- Potassium chloride (1 people, 14.29%)
- Uroxatral (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bad Dreams while taking Diltiazem Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Bad Dreams
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Bad Dreams
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Cardizem, Lisinopril, Lexapro, Lipitor, Gabapentin for a 72-year old woman with Cardiac Disorder, Chronic Depression, Neuropathy. The patient has Fluid Retention, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 29-year old man with Depressive Symptom. The patient has Dreams - Bad, Restlessness
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Ranitidine, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Arthritis, Over Acid Stomach, Atrial Flutter. The patient has Cholestasis
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Lipitor, Cardizem for a 65-year old man with Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Recent Diltiazem hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.