Review: could Diltiazem hydrochloride cause Blood glucose increased?
Summary: Blood glucose increased is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Isosorbide mononitrate, and have High blood pressure.
We study 6,069 people who have side effects while taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 114 have Blood glucose increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood glucose increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Blood glucose increased >>>
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 6,573 Diltiazem hydrochloride users)
Blood glucose increased
Blood glucose increased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 65,117 Blood glucose increased patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 6,069 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride. Among them, 114 people (1.88%) have Blood Glucose Increased.
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Blood glucose increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood glucose increased||60.00%||20.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Blood glucose increased||45.90%||54.10% |
Age of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.88%||2.63%||17.54%||20.18%||58.77% |
Severity of Blood glucose increased when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Blood glucose increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (11 people, 9.65%)
- Ill-defined disorder (11 people, 9.65%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (10 people, 8.77%)
- Bipolar disorder (8 people, 7.02%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 6.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Isosorbide mononitrate (21 people, 18.42%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 16.67%)
- Furosemide (18 people, 15.79%)
- Lansoprazole (17 people, 14.91%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (16 people, 14.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of diltiazem hydrochloride and blood glucose increased on
Do you have Blood Glucose Increased while taking Diltiazem Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Blood Glucose Increased
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Blood Glucose Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Ranitidine, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Arthritis, Over Acid Stomach, Atrial Flutter. The patient has Cholestasis
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Lipitor, Cardizem for a 65-year old man with Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Xarelto for a 68-year old woman with Semi-vegetarian, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Cardizem for a 50-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure. The patient has Ra
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Cinnamon, Simvastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 63-year old woman with General Health, Blood Glucose, Hypercholesterolemia, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Blood Glucose Increased
Recent Diltiazem hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.