Review: could Diltiazem hydrochloride cause Nasal congestion?
Summary: Nasal congestion is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Hyperlipidaemia.
We study 6,055 people who have side effects while taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Nasal congestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Nasal congestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Nasal congestion >>>
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Diltiazem hydrochloride 6,555 users)
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems.(latest reports from Nasal congestion 13,433 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 6,050 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride. Among them, 14 people (0.23%) have Nasal Congestion.
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Nasal congestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Nasal congestion||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.08%||0.00%||76.92% |
Severity of Nasal congestion when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nasal congestion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 42.86%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 28.57%)
- Ill-defined disorder (4 people, 28.57%)
- Menopausal symptoms (3 people, 21.43%)
- Hypertriglyceridaemia (3 people, 21.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (7 people, 50.00%)
- Digoxin (6 people, 42.86%)
- Lansoprazole (6 people, 42.86%)
- Zocor (4 people, 28.57%)
- Prednisone (4 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nasal Congestion while taking Diltiazem Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Nasal Congestion
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Nasal Congestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing worked. the actual problem in my lumber spine is not serious enough to have surgery at this time.
My question is if I need major surgery and need to take an opiate pain med would I have to get off the 1 1/2 mg of suboxone so I don't to go into withdrawal (as a doc once told me)? I'm 72 & the possibility of needing surgery is high, especially since I've had breast, colon & skin cancer. thank you
- Is dramamine ok to take with afib
I want to take Dramamine for dizziness....is it ok with all these other meds. I have afib
- Can you mix mobic and flexerill
I need the mobic for joint relief and the ativan for anxiety. The cardizem is for my blood pressure.The flexeril helps my muscles relax and i can sleep better. Are these combinations safe?
- Can multi steriod injections for joint pain cause a persons blood pressure and pulse to drop?
My mother is 89 and has pain in her shoulder and knees. The ortho doctor gave each area an injection of steroids. Then 4 weeks later gave a second injection in the same shoulder. A few weeks later her pulse and blood pressure dropped. Could there be a connection?? Her pulse and blood pressure have dropped that her family doctor began taking her off meds for high blood pressure. The situation has them even talking about a pacemaker! Have you ever heard of this issue? Any input would be helpful.
More questions for: Diltiazem hydrochloride, Nasal congestion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Nausea with felodipine
I am incapacitated by nausea and headaches until mid afternoon. I take 5 mg felodipine each night about 11 pm. What can I do to manage it.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After repeated setbacks of being re admitted to the hospital for hypercalcemia with symptoms of nausea, vomiting we sought out tests to determine cause. Multiple myeloma, parathyroid issues were ruled out. After almost six months my mother was taken off the anti fungal Fluconizole and I was expecting to have to return her to the hospital for another hypercalcemia event within 2 to 2.5 weeks of being discharged, but alas it has been a month to the day and her calcium levels are starting to stabilize. On another note, her white counts had been elevated beyond 11.5 and as high as 39 for 5 1/2 months and finally after getting off of Fluconizole her wBC's are sitting at 10.5, which is better than we have seen since June 2013. Just to mention, my mothers calcium levels when peaked to cause symptoms of nausea and vomiting would generally be at 13-17.
More reviews for: Diltiazem hydrochloride, Nasal congestion
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- If Diltiazem is a calcium blocker, could it be causing or perpetuating my
osteoporosis. In the past two years I have taken Forteo injections daily
with no improvement when I was given a scanning. The scanning revealed a
T score of minus 3. Has Diltiazem defeated FOrteo and the preceding use of
- was recently in-between insurance so went off diltiazem for high blood pressure for one month...persistent (bordering on chronic) migraine headaches dissipated after approx one week off medication and continued migraine free until restarted regular full dose diltiazem (120 mg 2x daily) after 6 weeks ...
- Discharge of yellow and green,keep telling me its sinus infection.Been using the nedi-pod for months not helping.I have to use 2 a day just to get a relief to sleep at night.Had a steriod nasal spray and antibiotics for sinuse that didn't work.
- I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
- I've been taking this med with vitamins and it seems the symptoms are getting worse. My sister calls it water retention but i have never had that before. from my thighs, knees, legs, ankles, feet and toes -- all swelling mostly at night.
More related studies for: Diltiazem hydrochloride, Nasal congestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.