Review: could Diltiazem hydrochloride cause Nasal congestion?
Summary: Nasal congestion is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Hyperlipidaemia.
We study 6,066 people who have side effects while taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Nasal congestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Nasal congestion and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Nasal congestion >>>
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 6,568 Diltiazem hydrochloride users)
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems. (latest reports from 14,504 Nasal congestion patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 6,066 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride. Among them, 14 people (0.23%) have Nasal Congestion.
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Nasal congestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Nasal congestion||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.08%||0.00%||76.92% |
Severity of Nasal congestion when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nasal congestion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 42.86%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 28.57%)
- Ill-defined disorder (4 people, 28.57%)
- Menopausal symptoms (3 people, 21.43%)
- Hypertriglyceridaemia (3 people, 21.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (7 people, 50.00%)
- Digoxin (6 people, 42.86%)
- Lansoprazole (6 people, 42.86%)
- Zocor (4 people, 28.57%)
- Prednisone (4 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of diltiazem hydrochloride and nasal congestion on
Do you have Nasal Congestion while taking Diltiazem Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Nasal Congestion
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Nasal Congestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Mirtazapine, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Warfarin Sodium, Vicodin, Lipitor for a 61-year old man with Depression, Biopsy Prostate, Anxiety, Afib, Sleep Disorder, Pain, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Onglyza, Crestor, Farxiga for a 64-year old man with Diabetes, Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Swelling, Pain In Jaw, Nasal Congestion
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rash (redness)
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lamotrigine, Lexapro, Atenolol for a 44-year old man with Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
Recent Diltiazem hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.