Review: could Diltiazem hydrochloride cause Sick sinus syndrome?
Summary: Sick sinus syndrome is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Fosamax plus d, and have High blood pressure.
We study 6,066 people who have side effects while taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Sick sinus syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Sick sinus syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Sick sinus syndrome >>>
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 6,564 Diltiazem hydrochloride users)
Sick sinus syndrome
Sick sinus syndrome (a collection of heart rhythm disorders) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes, multiple myeloma, depression. (latest reports from 2,239 Sick sinus syndrome patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 6,066 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride. Among them, 31 people (0.51%) have Sick Sinus Syndrome.
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Sick sinus syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Sick sinus syndrome when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Sick sinus syndrome||83.87%||16.13% |
Age of people who have Sick sinus syndrome when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Sick sinus syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.54%||7.69%||7.69%||73.08% |
Severity of Sick sinus syndrome when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Sick sinus syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 41.94%)
- Osteopenia (9 people, 29.03%)
- Osteoporosis (9 people, 29.03%)
- Sinus tachycardia (3 people, 9.68%)
- Dementia alzheimer's type (3 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax plus d (9 people, 29.03%)
- Alendronate sodium (9 people, 29.03%)
- Fosamax (9 people, 29.03%)
- Darvocet-n 100 (4 people, 12.90%)
- Polaprezinc (3 people, 9.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Diltiazem hydrochloride and sick sinus syndrome on
Do you have Sick Sinus Syndrome while taking Diltiazem Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Sick Sinus Syndrome
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Sick sinus syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lamotrigine, Lexapro, Atenolol for a 44-year old man with Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Cartia Xt for a 68-year old man with A-fib. The patient has Pain - Hip
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Klor-con, Celebrex, Imdur, Furosemide, Simvastatin, Famotidine, Cardizem Cd, Diovan for a 64-year old woman with Heart Rate Increased, Heart Disease, Joint Pain. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Albuterol, Clonazepam, Pantoprazole, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 67-year old man with Nasal Polyps, Bronchitis Chronic, Panic Disorder, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Bronocho Spasm
Recent Diltiazem hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Taztia Xt, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 92-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Decreased
- Comparions of Furosemide, Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Candesartan Cilexetil, Digoxin for a 81-year old woman who has Atrial Flutter
- Comparions of Norvasc, Cardizem, Lipitor for a 85-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Xarelto, Tiazac for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension - Essential
- Comparions of Crestor, Cardizem, Flexeril for a 65-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.