Review: could Diltiazem hydrochloride cause Sick sinus syndrome?
Summary: Sick sinus syndrome is found among people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Fosamax plus d, and have Hypertension.
We study 6,055 people who have side effects while taking Diltiazem hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Sick sinus syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Sick sinus syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Sick sinus syndrome >>>
Diltiazem hydrochloride has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Diltiazem hydrochloride 6,555 users)
Sick sinus syndrome
Sick sinus syndrome (a collection of heart rhythm disorders) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes, multiple myeloma, type 2 diabetes.(latest reports from Sick sinus syndrome 2,237 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 6,055 people reported to have side effects when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride. Among them, 31 people (0.51%) have Sick Sinus Syndrome.
Time on Diltiazem hydrochloride when people have Sick sinus syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Sick sinus syndrome when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Sick sinus syndrome||83.87%||16.13% |
Age of people who have Sick sinus syndrome when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride * :
|Sick sinus syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.54%||7.69%||7.69%||73.08% |
Severity of Sick sinus syndrome when taking Diltiazem hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Sick sinus syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 41.94%)
- Osteopenia (9 people, 29.03%)
- Osteoporosis (9 people, 29.03%)
- Sinus tachycardia (3 people, 9.68%)
- Dementia alzheimer's type (3 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax plus d (9 people, 29.03%)
- Alendronate sodium (9 people, 29.03%)
- Fosamax (9 people, 29.03%)
- Darvocet-n 100 (4 people, 12.90%)
- Polaprezinc (3 people, 9.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sick Sinus Syndrome while taking Diltiazem Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride and have Sick Sinus Syndrome
- support group for people who take Diltiazem hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Sick Sinus Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Is dramamine ok to take with afib
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who takes Xanax , Xarelto, Wellbutrin, Losartan, Cardizem)
I want to take Dramamine for dizziness....is it ok with all these other meds. I have afib
- Can you mix mobic and flexerill
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Cardizem, Ativan)
I need the mobic for joint relief and the ativan for anxiety. The cardizem is for my blood pressure.The flexeril helps my muscles relax and i can sleep better. Are these combinations safe?
- Can multi steriod injections for joint pain cause a persons blood pressure and pulse to drop?
(Asked by a 89 year old woman who has Hypertension For Last 40yrs., A-fibrillation, and takes Bystolic, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Aldactone, Sildenafil Citrate)
My mother is 89 and has pain in her shoulder and knees. The ortho doctor gave each area an injection of steroids. Then 4 weeks later gave a second injection in the same shoulder. A few weeks later her pulse and blood pressure dropped. Could there be a connection?? Her pulse and blood pressure have d ...
- Hypopituitarism and fever
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Sheehan Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Joint Hypermobility, Sjogren's Syndrome, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Cushing's Syndrome, and takes Synthroid, Liothyronine Sodium, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Cortef, Nutropin Aq Pen, Lovaza, Taztia Xt, Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I read your article on testing of hypopituitarisum and fever - http://www.ehealthme.com/cs/hypopituitarism/fever - Twice now in the past 2 years I have broken out in a great deal of pain accompanied by a high temperature of about 102. I was told since I take cortef, that I should not get fevers - bu ...
More questions for: Diltiazem hydrochloride, Sick sinus syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pacemaker experience
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Heart Rate Decreased, Sick Sinus Syndrome, and takes Suboxone)
I had a pacemaker installed about 5 weeks ago. I went to the doctors because I was feeling fatigue, shortness of breath, I felt as if someone was holding my heart in their hand and I had some confusion and dizziness.
To get to the point, after my first visit with my PCP I decided to go directly ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Nausea with felodipine
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Headache, and takes Felodipine, Lipitor, Diltiazem Hydrochloride)
I am incapacitated by nausea and headaches until mid afternoon. I take 5 mg felodipine each night about 11 pm. What can I do to manage it.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Diltiazem hydrochloride, Sick sinus syndrome
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure And Irregular Heart Beat. The patient has Osteoporosis And Aging (weak bone with possibility to break in aged)
Comments: If Diltiazem is a calcium blocker, could it be causing or perpetuating my
osteoporosis. In the past two years I have taken Forteo injections daily
with no improvement when I was given a scanning. The scanning revealed a
T score of minus 3. Has Diltiazem defeated FOrteo and the preceding use of
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Migraine (headache)
Comments: was recently in-between insurance so went off diltiazem for high blood pressure for one month...persistent (bordering on chronic) migraine headaches dissipated after approx one week off medication and continued migraine free until restarted regular full dose diltiazem (120 mg 2x daily) after 6 weeks ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Codeine Sulfate, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Lactulose, Restasis, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium for a patient with Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma). The patient has Bone Spur
Comments: I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
- A study of side effects of Cartia Xt for a patient with Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: I've been taking this med with vitamins and it seems the symptoms are getting worse. My sister calls it water retention but i have never had that before. from my thighs, knees, legs, ankles, feet and toes -- all swelling mostly at night.
- A study of drug interactions between Arixtra, Vagifem, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Spironolactone, Rapamune, Tacrolimus, Sodium Pentobarbital, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Omeprazole, Lorazepam, Furosemide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Cozaar, Vitamin B12, Buspar, ASA for a patient with Blood Disorder, Vaginal Disorder, Low Level Of Vitamin D, Depression, Renal Failure - Chronic, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Seizure - Grand Mal, Cardiac Flutter, Hypokalaemia, Gerd, Post-traumatic Syndrome, Renal Failure Chronic/ Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypertension, Pre-existing Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Stent.
Comments: I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.
More related studies for: Diltiazem hydrochloride, Sick sinus syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.