Review: could Dimetapp cause Epistaxis (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Epistaxis is found among people who take Dimetapp, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Triaminic srt, and have Fever.
We study 4,456 people who have side effects while taking Dimetapp from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Epistaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Epistaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dimetapp and have Epistaxis >>>
Dimetapp has active ingredients of brompheniramine maleate; phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Dimetapp 4,541 users)
Epistaxis (bleed from the nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Epistaxis 23,860 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 4,456 people reported to have side effects when taking Dimetapp. Among them, 14 people (0.31%) have Epistaxis.
Time on Dimetapp when people have Epistaxis * :
Gender of people who have Epistaxis when taking Dimetapp * :
Age of people who have Epistaxis when taking Dimetapp * :
Severity of Epistaxis when taking Dimetapp ** :
How people recovered from Epistaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pyrexia (1 people, 7.14%)
- Nasopharyngitis (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Triaminic srt (8 people, 57.14%)
- Tavist d (6 people, 42.86%)
- Contac 12 hour (5 people, 35.71%)
- Coricidin (3 people, 21.43%)
- Nitroglycerin (3 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Epistaxis while taking Dimetapp?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dimetapp and have Epistaxis
- support group for people who take Dimetapp
- support group for people who have Epistaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Dimetapp, Epistaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Nosebleed, and takes Miconazole 3)
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
More reviews for: Dimetapp, Epistaxis
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a patient with Asthma, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Epistaxis
Comments: Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Poison Ivy. The patient has Bleeding From The Nose (bleeding from nose)
Comments: taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
- A study of side effects of Lumigan for a patient with Lumigan. The patient has Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose)
Comments: Diagnosed with acute Glaucoma, operated with laser and given Lumigan 1 drop in each eye nightly.
A few weeks later nose bleed from one nostril quite heavy. Occurs on a weekly basis. Dr prescribed anti biotics, and cream. Not working.
Any advice will be appreciated please.
- A study of side effects of Guanfacine Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Nosebleed (bleeding from nose)
Comments: after cleaning nose with a tissue very gently, i got a nosebleed. this has happened twice so far while on tenex/guanfacine for less than six months on a relatively low dose. i am on guanfacine for anxiety and insomnia.
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Zyrtec, Flonase for a patient with Pain, Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Nose Bleeds, Cough Aggravated, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Neck Stiffness
Comments: I've been taking Flonase and zyrtec together for about a month. Last night I developed a stiff neck. I haven't done any strenuous exercise or injured it. The pain is coming from the back of my head, bottom of my skull and behind the ears. I was wondering if this could be a drug related reaction. ...
More related studies for: Dimetapp, Epistaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.