Review: could Dimetapp cause Epistaxis (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Epistaxis is found among people who take Dimetapp, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Triaminic srt, and have Fever.
We study 4,456 people who have side effects while taking Dimetapp from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Epistaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Epistaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Dimetapp and have Epistaxis >>>
Dimetapp has active ingredients of brompheniramine maleate; phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 4,541 Dimetapp users)
Epistaxis (bleed from the nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 23,997 Epistaxis patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 4,456 people reported to have side effects when taking Dimetapp. Among them, 14 people (0.31%) have Epistaxis.
Time on Dimetapp when people have Epistaxis * :
Gender of people who have Epistaxis when taking Dimetapp * :
Age of people who have Epistaxis when taking Dimetapp * :
Severity of Epistaxis when taking Dimetapp ** :
How people recovered from Epistaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pyrexia (1 people, 7.14%)
- Nasopharyngitis (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Triaminic srt (8 people, 57.14%)
- Tavist d (6 people, 42.86%)
- Contac 12 hour (5 people, 35.71%)
- Coricidin (3 people, 21.43%)
- Nitroglycerin (3 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Dimetapp and epistaxis on
Do you have Epistaxis while taking Dimetapp?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Dimetapp and have Epistaxis
- support group for people who take Dimetapp
- support group for people who have Epistaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gemfibrozil, Ditropan, Synthroid, Topamax, Lamictal, Risperdal for a 46-year old woman with Blood Triglycerides, Enlarged Liver, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Zoladex, Losartan Potassium, Nadolol And Bendroflumethiazide, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 47-year old woman with Endometriosis, Hypertension, Mood Swings. The patient has Uterine Pain, Vaginal Pain, Nose Bleeds, Aches And Pains In Bones
Recent Dimetapp related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.