Review: could Diovan hct cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Diovan hct, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Multivitamin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 611 people who have side effects while taking Diovan hct from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diovan hct and have Muscle pain >>>
Diovan hct has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 1,106 Diovan hct users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,516 Muscle pain patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 611 people reported to have side effects when taking Diovan hct. Among them, 10 people (1.64%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Diovan hct when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||16.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Diovan hct * :
|Muscle pain||45.45%||54.55% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Diovan hct * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29%||28.57%||28.57% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Diovan hct ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||33.33%||16.67%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 50.00%)
- Allergic respiratory disease (1 people, 10.00%)
- Allergic sinusitis (1 people, 10.00%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (1 people, 10.00%)
- High blood pressure (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multivitamin (2 people, 20.00%)
- Plaquenil (2 people, 20.00%)
- Singulair (2 people, 20.00%)
- Warfarin sodium (1 people, 10.00%)
- Lyrica (1 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Diovan Hct?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Diovan hct and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Diovan hct
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zocor for a 55-year old woman with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Myalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
Recent Diovan hct related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.