Review: could Diovan cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Diovan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 55,246 people who have side effects while taking Diovan from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,032 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diovan and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Diovan has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 56,537 Diovan users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 87,299 Atrial fibrillation patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 55,241 people reported to have side effects when taking Diovan. Among them, 1,038 people (1.88%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Diovan when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||35.33%||26.00%||9.33%||14.67%||6.00%||8.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Diovan * :
|Atrial fibrillation||51.72%||48.28% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Diovan * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.09%||0.00%||0.00%||0.09%||1.28%||3.12%||10.28%||85.14% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Diovan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (298 people, 28.71%)
- Atrial fibrillation (107 people, 10.31%)
- Diabetes mellitus (66 people, 6.36%)
- Pain (56 people, 5.39%)
- Osteoporosis (45 people, 4.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (404 people, 38.92%)
- Coumadin (318 people, 30.64%)
- Lasix (263 people, 25.34%)
- Diovan hct (233 people, 22.45%)
- Digoxin (199 people, 19.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of diovan and atrial fibrillation on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Diovan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Diovan and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Diovan
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Progesterone, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol, Plavix for a 64-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal, Heart Mri. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Valsartan, Amlodipine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 78-year old woman with Blood Pressure Increased, Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Diovan, Omeprazole, Zolpidem, Alprazolam, Provera, Zyrtec Allergy, Lexapro, Topamax for a 41-year old woman with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Endometriosis, Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Teeth Grinding And Clenching
- A study of side effects of Diovan for a 65-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Insomnia
Recent Diovan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Temazepam, Diovan for a 73-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Latanoprost, Diovan for a 93-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Losartan Potassium, Valsartan for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.