Review: could Diovan cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Diovan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 55,246 people who have side effects while taking Diovan from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,469 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diovan and have Back pain >>>
Diovan has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 56,536 Diovan users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 107,113 Back pain patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 55,246 people reported to have side effects when taking Diovan. Among them, 1,469 people (2.66%) have Back Pain.
Time on Diovan when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||22.01%||23.27%||14.47%||7.55%||23.90%||5.03%||3.77% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Diovan * :
|Back pain||71.87%||28.13% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Diovan * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.07%||0.00%||0.51%||1.67%||10.89%||26.63%||60.23% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Diovan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (448 people, 30.50%)
- Osteoporosis (153 people, 10.42%)
- Diabetes mellitus (123 people, 8.37%)
- Depression (82 people, 5.58%)
- Metastases to bone (75 people, 5.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (400 people, 27.23%)
- Diovan hct (363 people, 24.71%)
- Lipitor (250 people, 17.02%)
- Zometa (222 people, 15.11%)
- Lasix (196 people, 13.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of diovan and back pain on
Do you have Back Pain while taking Diovan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Diovan and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Diovan
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Xarelto for a 68-year old woman with Semi-vegetarian, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Fish Oil, Flomax, Gemfibrozil, Fosinopril Sodium for a 49-year old man with Heart Mri, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased, Dysuria, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypertension. The patient has Back Pain - Nonspecific
- A study of side effects of Aleve for a 60-year old man with Elbow Pain. The patient has Back Pain
Recent Diovan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Latanoprost, Diovan for a 93-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Losartan Potassium, Valsartan for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Atenolol, Diovan for a 68-year old woman who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.