Review: could Diovan cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Diovan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 55,241 people who have side effects while taking Diovan from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,469 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diovan and have Back pain >>>
Diovan has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 56,533 Diovan users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 107,113 Back pain patients)
On Mar, 18, 2015: 55,241 people reported to have side effects when taking Diovan. Among them, 1,469 people (2.66%) have Back Pain.
Time on Diovan when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||22.01%||23.27%||14.47%||7.55%||23.90%||5.03%||3.77% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Diovan * :
|Back pain||71.87%||28.13% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Diovan * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.07%||0.00%||0.51%||1.67%||10.89%||26.63%||60.23% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Diovan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (448 people, 30.50%)
- Osteoporosis (153 people, 10.42%)
- Diabetes mellitus (123 people, 8.37%)
- Depression (82 people, 5.58%)
- Metastases to bone (75 people, 5.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (400 people, 27.23%)
- Diovan hct (363 people, 24.71%)
- Lipitor (250 people, 17.02%)
- Zometa (222 people, 15.11%)
- Lasix (196 people, 13.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of diovan and back pain on
Do you have Back Pain while taking Diovan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Diovan and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Diovan
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, HCTZ for a 41-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Back Pain, Swollen Ankles And Lower Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Cymbalta, Glumetza for a 60-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Thyroid Cancer - Papillary Carcinoma, Pain - Back, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Insomnia, Hip Pain, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Lasix for a 34-year old man with Fluid Retention. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Diovan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Losartan Potassium, Valsartan for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Atenolol, Diovan for a 68-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Cozaar, Hyzaar, Diovan, Teveten, Benicar for a 59-year old woman who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Bystolic, Diovan, Candesartan Cilexetil, Telmisartan for a 49-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.