Home > Diovan > Cough > Diovan and Cough
Review: could Diovan cause Cough?
We study 55,226 people who have side effects while taking Diovan from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,362 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Diovan and have Cough >>>
Diovan (latest outcomes from 56,512 users) has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Cough (latest reports from 488,741 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 55,221 people reported to have side effects when taking Diovan. Among them, 1,362 people (2.47%) have Cough.
Time on Diovan when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Diovan * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Diovan * :
Severity of Cough when taking Diovan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (505 people, 37.08%)
- Diabetes mellitus (97 people, 7.12%)
- Asthma (77 people, 5.65%)
- Pain (70 people, 5.14%)
- Depression (64 people, 4.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (380 people, 27.90%)
- Diovan hct (311 people, 22.83%)
- Lipitor (238 people, 17.47%)
- Norvasc (216 people, 15.86%)
- Lasix (170 people, 12.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Diovan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Diovan and have Cough
- group for people who take Diovan
- group for people who have Cough
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
While I had the flu I began using guaifenesin and Sudafed to try to relieve the symptoms of sinus discharge, post-nasal drip and phlegm, and cough. I have mostly recovered but still cough a lot due to excessive sinus drainage and phlegm in my lungs.
From this study (1 year ago):
just switched recently from omeprazole which was not working great. I had a cough at the time also. At the same time Dr doubled simvastatin from 10 to 20 mg.
From this study (5 years ago):
When speaking, my speech often is interupted with a feeling like i'm about to cough. I cannot exert myself at all as this results in significant feeling of fatigue.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Diovan, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Shortness in breath in day quil
I do have allergies and asthma but only a cough at the time. I took DayQuil and within 10 min I stopped coughing. I was relieved. After about 20 min, my chest tightened and it was hard to breathe. I used my inhaler 2 times with 1 min intervals. It took about 5 min or so to breathe normally. Now I'm ...
More reviews for: Diovan, Cough
On eHealthMe, Diovan (valsartan) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Diovan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Diovan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (46 minutes ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (55 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (11 hours ago)
- Vitamin B12 Absorption Test Abnormal