Review: could Diovan cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Diovan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Diovan hct, and have High blood pressure.
We study 55,246 people who have side effects while taking Diovan from FDA and social media. Among them, 391 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diovan and have Hair loss >>>
Diovan has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 56,536 Diovan users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Hair loss patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 55,241 people reported to have side effects when taking Diovan. Among them, 391 people (0.71%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Diovan when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||2.78%||44.44%||2.78%||11.11%||30.56%||8.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Diovan * :
|Hair loss||86.60%||13.40% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Diovan * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.04%||9.33%||21.57%||67.06% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Diovan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (111 people, 28.39%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (39 people, 9.97%)
- Diabetes mellitus (22 people, 5.63%)
- Atrial fibrillation (21 people, 5.37%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 4.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diovan hct (100 people, 25.58%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 17.65%)
- Lipitor (45 people, 11.51%)
- Crestor (40 people, 10.23%)
- Norvasc (39 people, 9.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of diovan and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Diovan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Diovan and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Diovan
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a 26-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Diovan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Temazepam, Diovan for a 73-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Latanoprost, Diovan for a 93-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Losartan Potassium, Valsartan for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.