Home > Diovan > Insomnia > Diovan and Insomnia
Review: could Diovan cause Insomnia?
We study 55,226 people who have side effects while taking Diovan from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,176 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Diovan and have Insomnia >>>
Diovan (latest outcomes from 56,512 users) has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 757,392 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 55,221 people reported to have side effects when taking Diovan. Among them, 1,223 people (2.21%) have Insomnia.
Time on Diovan when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Diovan * :
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Diovan * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Diovan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (364 people, 29.76%)
- Depression (103 people, 8.42%)
- Diabetes mellitus (80 people, 6.54%)
- Pain (77 people, 6.30%)
- Osteoporosis (65 people, 5.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (259 people, 21.18%)
- Diovan hct (255 people, 20.85%)
- Lipitor (170 people, 13.90%)
- Norvasc (132 people, 10.79%)
- Lasix (132 people, 10.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Diovan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Diovan and have Insomnia
- group for people who take Diovan
- group for people who have Insomnia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
I have been on both of these medicines for about 10 years. I have been having problems sleeping at night. I would like to know if Vytorin and Diovan have side effects causing this.
From this study (13 months ago):
I also take cavedilol 6.25mg. I have really suffered.
From this study (3 years ago):
Nicky on May, 7, 2011:
the effects of Taking Trazadone for me at 61 is extrodinary. Incontinence, poyuria, nocturnia (3 liters per nite) constant awakening at nite (5-7 x)I have now waken (1st day off trazadone) at 12:30am and 4:am and cannot got to sleep, again. I have tried Valium and found it "wear" out. It has a GREAT half life that is 2 days to 40 days or more. Given that life of that drug it is the easier than any (Xanax is horrible)To stor an alternative but will continue with the VALIUM AT 20mG PER EVE.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Which medication would fit for all condition that i have to take 1 medication?
Is Lorazepam the answer for all this medical condition fix into this medical condition? If it is, that great. But second question is.....is there any other medication that would help besides lorazepam? Im doing this research TO find out what is right for me before I ask my mental Dr about it. I have ...
- Mellaril for use of severe insomnia .taming.meds for fibro,yalgia.gabape.tin fleviril,atarax,mobic
I have had severe insomnia for 20 years also suffer from depression andfibromyalgia .ihave agoraphobia due to ptsd .i am in mid to severe pain much.if the time i have a history of amphetami.e abuze .been clean 8 years. Trazadone ,temazipam and and meletonin for sleep with adverese reaction nited wi ...
More questions for: Diovan, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Insomnia from suboxone
Does Suboxone cause insomnia? Hell yes, I haven't slept properly for years and I wish I had never gone on it. My night is my day and daybreak is when i'm heading off to sleep,I try to wake up about 11 am but that is still half the day gone. I am so so over it, all I can do is reduce my dose
and th ...
More reviews for: Diovan, Insomnia
On eHealthMe, Diovan (valsartan) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Diovan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Diovan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (8 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (59 minutes ago)
- Solidago Virgaurea
- Midodrine Hydrochloride (impax Pharms) 2.5mg
- Acetaminophen Aspirin And Codeine Phosphate
- Caclia Doce
- Nausea And Vomiting