Home > Diovan > Ulcer > Diovan and Ulcer
Review: could Diovan cause Ulcer (Gastric ulcer)?
Summary: Ulcer is found among people who take Diovan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 55,230 people who have side effects while taking Diovan from FDA and social media. Among them, 444 have Ulcer. Find out below who they are, when they have Ulcer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diovan and have Ulcer >>>
Diovan (latest outcomes from 56,519 users) has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Ulcer (stomach ulcer) (latest reports from 176,772 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 55,226 people reported to have side effects when taking Diovan. Among them, 450 people (0.81%) have Ulcer.
Time on Diovan when people have Ulcer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ulcer when taking Diovan * :
Age of people who have Ulcer when taking Diovan * :
Severity of Ulcer when taking Diovan ** :
How people recovered from Ulcer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (181 people, 40.22%)
- Diabetes mellitus (59 people, 13.11%)
- Depression (36 people, 8.00%)
- Pain (36 people, 8.00%)
- Prophylaxis (28 people, 6.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (138 people, 30.67%)
- Lipitor (96 people, 21.33%)
- Vioxx (85 people, 18.89%)
- Norvasc (84 people, 18.67%)
- Protonix (79 people, 17.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ulcer while taking Diovan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diovan and have Ulcer
- support group for people who take Diovan
- support group for people who have Ulcer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can unexplained hypertension be cause by a partial thyroidectomy?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has BP 135/77 Even After Increasing Meds, and takes Acetaminophen, Fluticasone Propionate, Allegra D 24 Hour, Nexium, Valsartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Doc is trying to figure out why the BP suddenly spiked. I started an exercise regimen after a stress test. I had to be on Metoprolol just to pass the test. Results were no heart-related issues. Lost 6lbs. since starting exercise and don't know if this is Thyroidal or not. No discussion with the ...
- May iuuse viagra after a hemorrhagic stroke ?
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Ed A Nd I Had Ahemmorhagic Stroke, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Valsartan)
I had a hemmorhagic stroke in March 2014 and wonder if I may safely use Viagra
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Blood Pressure Increased, Depression, Graves Disease, and takes Wellbutrin Xl, Diovan, Adderall 15, Estradiol, Vitamin D, Levoxyl)
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan toget ...
- Can u take metformin with stomach ulcer medication
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Stomach Ulcer, and takes Metformin)
I went to the doctors on friday cause i had an colonoscopy an they found out that o had 1 bleeding ulcers n 2 more stomach ulcer an they put me on 5 different medication an wanted to know if i can take my metformin with y stomach ulcer pills
More questions for: Diovan, Ulcer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Skin burn feeling and heart racing
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Ulcer, and takes Prilosec Otc)
On day 12 of taking the Prilosec I started to feel like I had a terrible sunburn on my arms and legs, it progressively got worse over the next 24 hrs and included intermittent extremely rapid heart rate.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Diovan nasal constriction
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Nasal Constriction, and takes Diovan Hct, Diovan)
46 year old male. Took Diovan HCT 160/12.5 once per day for 12 years for high blood pressure with very few issues. In 2012 dosage increased to 320/25. Immediately had stomach-related issues and severe nasal constriction right after taking the pill. Doctor changed prescription to take 160/12.5 twice ...
More reviews for: Diovan, Ulcer
- A study of drug interactions between Diovan, Metformin, Amlodipine, Hctz, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Enalapril Maleate, Synthroid, Clonidine Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus, Hhpertension, Hypertension - Essential, Hypothyroid. The patient has Clonidine Patch
Comments: My clonidine tts3 patch which is prescribed one per week is losing its effectivity after day 5. I experience chronic rebound hypertension symptoms which are causing me severe stress, irregular heart rhythms, headaches, anxiety and BP pressures skyrocketing from an average of 140/60 to 204/108. I a ...
- A study of side effects of Diovan for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint), Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: Recently put on adderall xr 50mg daily in the morning. Diovan taken at night before bedtime. Sometimes when standing up from sitting or lying down get sudden wash of lightheadedness, not dizzy, doesn't feel like the room is spinning just that my head feels weird and my heart starts to race, suddenly ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Lisinopril, Dyazide, Diovan for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Dyazide
Comments: YOU ASKMME TO LIST ALL THE SUPPLEMENTS ,AND YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY ON THE DROP BOX
TH ELIST OF SUPPLEMENTS ARE :
AM / PM
1. MULTIVITAMINE, ESSENTIAL BY TOUCH STONES ESSENTIAL 1 / 1
2. L-ARGENINE ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diovan, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 10meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Metoprolol Tartrate, Fenofibrate, Pilocarpine Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Triglyceride Level, Dry Mouth, Back Pain. The patient has
Comments: Over the past few years I have been having more and more health problems. I currently have gurd. Spastic Colon, high blood pressure. I have had Lymphoctic Colitis and Lichen Sclerosis. Extreme swelling of the feet, ankles, lower legs, hands and face. I am being treated for Fibromyalgia but I ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diovan, Atenolol, Norvasc for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Confusion, Somnolence
Comments: When taking this combination of Rx, I experience periodic episodes of the symptoms described above; Episodes may occur once-twice per week, or once every couple of weeks. There does not seem to be a trigger. They occur simultaneously, rendering me non-functional for an extended period of time. The ...
More related studies for: Diovan, Ulcer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.