Review: could Diovan cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Diovan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Diovan hct, and have High blood pressure.
We study 55,240 people who have side effects while taking Diovan from FDA and social media. Among them, 718 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diovan and have Vision blurred >>>
Diovan has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 56,531 Diovan users)
Vision Blurred has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 48,523 Vision Blurred patients)
On Feb, 8, 2015: 55,236 people reported to have side effects when taking Diovan. Among them, 718 people (1.30%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Diovan when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||34.57%||18.52%||9.88%||11.11%||20.99%||3.70%||1.23% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Diovan * :
|Vision blurred||74.05%||25.95% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Diovan * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.46%||2.79%||15.48%||24.15%||57.12% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Diovan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||33.33%||50.00%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (255 people, 35.52%)
- Depression (79 people, 11.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (55 people, 7.66%)
- Anxiety (43 people, 5.99%)
- Metastases to bone (40 people, 5.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diovan hct (194 people, 27.02%)
- Aspirin (150 people, 20.89%)
- Zometa (100 people, 13.93%)
- Nexium (87 people, 12.12%)
- Lipitor (87 people, 12.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Diovan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diovan and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Diovan
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tradjenta, Plavix, Crestor, Coreg, Diovan, Cymbalta for a 77-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Heart Disease Congenital, Blood Pressure, Blood Pressure Management, Blood Pressure Increased, Neuropathy Peripheral. The patient has Vision Blurred
- A study of drug interactions between Diovan, Metformin for a 47-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Vision Blurred
- A study of drug interactions between Allopurinol, Bumex, Flomax, Diovan, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Folic Acid, Klor-con M20, Coreg, Potassium Chloride 10meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, ASA for a 87-year old man with Gout, Chf, Bph, Htn, Supplementation Therapy, Supprelin, Cad.
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Cardizem Cd, Atenolol, Diovan for a 86-year old woman with Depression, Aortic Stenosis, Hypertension, Essential Hypertension. The patient has Vision Blurred
- A study of drug interactions between Diovan, Norvasc, Toprol-xl, Zocor, Meloxicam, Imdur, Glucophage, Meloxicam, Tricor, Lantus for a 70-year old man with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Cholesterol, Swelling, Pain - Head, Diabetes, Antiinflammatory Therapy, Reduce Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Ankle Pain
Recent Diovan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Atenolol, Diovan for a 68-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Cozaar, Hyzaar, Diovan, Teveten, Benicar for a 59-year old woman who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Bystolic, Diovan, Candesartan Cilexetil, Telmisartan for a 49-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Valsartan, Prinivil, Losartan for a 72-year old woman who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.