Review: could Diovan cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Diovan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Diovan hct, and have High blood pressure.
We study 55,241 people who have side effects while taking Diovan from FDA and social media. Among them, 718 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diovan and have Vision blurred >>>
Diovan has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 56,533 Diovan users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 48,524 Vision blurred patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 55,240 people reported to have side effects when taking Diovan. Among them, 718 people (1.30%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Diovan when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||34.57%||18.52%||9.88%||11.11%||20.99%||3.70%||1.23% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Diovan * :
|Vision blurred||74.05%||25.95% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Diovan * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.46%||2.79%||15.48%||24.15%||57.12% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Diovan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||33.33%||50.00%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (255 people, 35.52%)
- Depression (79 people, 11.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (55 people, 7.66%)
- Anxiety (43 people, 5.99%)
- Metastases to bone (40 people, 5.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diovan hct (194 people, 27.02%)
- Aspirin (150 people, 20.89%)
- Zometa (100 people, 13.93%)
- Nexium (87 people, 12.12%)
- Lipitor (87 people, 12.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of diovan and vision blurred on
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Diovan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Diovan and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Diovan
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Diovan for a 85-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Skin Tests - Allergy
- A study of side effects of Diovan for a 58-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Asthma Late Onset
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Diovan for a 48-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Levothyroxine Sodium, Valsartan for a 72-year old woman with Rosacea, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss, Itching, Lymph Node Pain
Recent Diovan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Latanoprost, Diovan for a 93-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Losartan Potassium, Valsartan for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Atenolol, Diovan for a 68-year old woman who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.