Review: could Diphenhydramine hydrochloride cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Acute myeloid leukaemia.
We study 2,041 people who have side effects while taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 68 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and have High blood pressure >>>
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 2,998 users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from High blood pressure 328,584 patients)
On Nov, 24, 2014: 2,037 people reported to have side effects when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride. Among them, 68 people (3.34%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Diphenhydramine hydrochloride when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||75.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride * :
|High blood pressure||56.72%||43.28% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||1.79%||3.57%||16.07%||17.86%||3.57%||57.14% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (5 people, 7.35%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 7.35%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 5.88%)
- Prophylaxis (4 people, 5.88%)
- Pain (3 people, 4.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (16 people, 23.53%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 20.59%)
- Percocet (13 people, 19.12%)
- Lisinopril (13 people, 19.12%)
- Protonix (13 people, 19.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took flonase and meloxicam and my blood pressure is up. normal?
I took my blood pressure medicine but my blood pressure is higher than normal I took Flonase and Meloxicam. Is that normal and if I've left pressure is still high should I take another blood pressure pill?
- Plendil and pad interaction with arteries
I'm currently taking 10 MG of Plendil with 20MG of Lisinopril. I've developed PAD a couple of years ago. I used to take 40MG of Lisinopril but since retiring my blood pressure had calmed down. My doctor reduced my Lisinopril to 20MG and kept the Plendil at 10MG. I was wondering is I should go back to the 40MG Lisinopril and discontinue the Plendil. I'm confused about the effects that Plendil has on my arteries. Does Plendil dialate the arteries ? If so, then wouldn't it be better that I stop the Plendil to reduce the pain of my PAD ?
- Does benadryl work for pet dander? (1 answer)
hi I have been taking Benadryl or pet dander? It seemed to work well even if I only take one tablet. Does anyone also find that taking one tablet does not make you drowsy? How often should I take one tablet of Benadryl which is 25 mg? has anyone found any other allergy medication that work or pet dander? Thank you very much.
- Can i take a cold medicing while taking metoprolol succinate er 25mg (2 answers)
Just want to know if can I take a cold medicine while Metoprolol Succinate ER 25mg
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
More questions for: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bloody semen after taking amlodipine besylate
Was started on Amlodipine Besylate 11-13-14. Now -not quite three weeks later- I have bloody semen (Hematospermia)ranging from light pink to dark red. It was fine, and normal before. I feel it is the medication causing this.
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking migrane meds and that hasnt helped a bit so think its not migranes im having. some other reason.
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking the amlodipine my PSA levels rose.
- Nightmare on benadryl
After 5 nights without sleep and not having past bad dreams, the last 2 night's taking walfrin sub, for benadryl has terrified THE WORST OF WORST dream in my 55 years. Peaceful start of a dream then seeing myself or family,friends get slottard.crazy thing is I don't watch scary movies or the news. I think I'm going to pass on this meds, and pass out next time :) thank you,God bless
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreatic cancer are similar, is there a link between Victoza and cholangiocarcinoma?
More reviews for: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, High blood pressure
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have had insomnia off and on all my life until I turned 40 and the I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis and I was tired all the time and I was sleeping a lot for me and it was good to be able to sleep. The doctor put me on Methotrexate and Enbrel and I could still sleep not as much as before ...
- periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- I have had Chikungunya for two months now, which leads me to use Naproxen Sodium on a daily basis (2 in the morning, 2 at night) for joint pain. I also had Benadryl a day ago for nasal allergies. Today I took a drug screening test and it was positive for THC. It made no sense to me so I looked onlin ...
- Over a period of some two years on the Hypertensive drug it was noticed a possible increase in symptoms that could be BPH. After the two years I stopped taking the drug as it made little apparent difference to the Hypertension. Two weeks later the BPH problem has gone away !!! The only way to ass ...
- I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
More related studies for: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.