Review: could Diphenhydramine hydrochloride cause Muscle twitching?
Summary: Muscle twitching is found among people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Primary insomnia.
We study 2,050 people who have side effects while taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Muscle twitching. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle twitching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and have Muscle twitching >>>
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 3,007 Diphenhydramine hydrochloride users)
Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 11,067 Muscle twitching patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 2,049 people reported to have side effects when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride. Among them, 7 people (0.34%) have Muscle Twitching.
Time on Diphenhydramine hydrochloride when people have Muscle twitching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle twitching||40.00%||20.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride * :
|Muscle twitching||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride * :
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67% |
Severity of Muscle twitching when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle twitching||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle twitching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic insomnia (2 people, 28.57%)
- Ankle pain (1 people, 14.29%)
- Itching (1 people, 14.29%)
- Back pain - nonspecific (1 people, 14.29%)
- Muscle contractions involuntary (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (2 people, 28.57%)
- Pepcid (1 people, 14.29%)
- Nitro-dur (1 people, 14.29%)
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride inj (1 people, 14.29%)
- Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of diphenhydramine hydrochloride and muscle twitching on
Do you have Muscle Twitching while taking Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and have Muscle Twitching
- support group for people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Muscle Twitching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Provigil for a 19-year old girl with Seasonal Affective Disorder. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Electrolyte Imbalance
- A study of drug interactions between Allegra D 24 Hour, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Zyrtec Allergy, Vyvanse, Benadryl for a 25-year old woman with Hay Fever, Adhd, Insomnia. The patient has Photosensitive Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Lo/ovral-28, Metoprolol Succinate for a 50-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Birth Control, Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (psvt). The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Vision Blurred, Cluster Headaches, Migraine, Abdominal Pain Upper, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Muscle Twitching, Chest Pain, Joint Deposit, Chest Pressure Sensation
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a 49-year old woman with Mitral Valve Prolapse. The patient has Muscle Twitching
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Multivitamin, Tri-linyah, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa, Adderall 30 for a 31-year old woman with Enteral Nutrition, Birth Control, Hypertension, Ocd, Adhd. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Restless Legs Syndrome
Recent Diphenhydramine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.