Review: could Diphenhydramine hydrochloride cause Short-term memory loss (Memory loss)?
Summary: Short-term memory loss is found among people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Temazepam, and have Insomnia.
We study 2,049 people who have side effects while taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Short-term memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Short-term memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and have Short-term memory loss >>>
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 3,007 Diphenhydramine hydrochloride users)
Short-term memory loss
Short-term memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,451 Short-term memory loss patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 2,049 people reported to have side effects when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride. Among them, 15 people (0.73%) have Short-term Memory Loss.
Time on Diphenhydramine hydrochloride when people have Short-term memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride * :
|Short-term memory loss||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride * :
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||14.29%||28.57%||35.71%||14.29% |
Severity of Short-term memory loss when taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Short-term memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (5 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (3 people, 20.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 13.33%)
- Mastocytosis (1 people, 6.67%)
- Pain (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Temazepam (5 people, 33.33%)
- Multi-vitamins (4 people, 26.67%)
- Omeprazole (4 people, 26.67%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (3 people, 20.00%)
- Trazodone hydrochloride (3 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of diphenhydramine hydrochloride and short-term memory loss on
Do you have Short-term Memory Loss while taking Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and have Short-term Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Short-term Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 40-year old woman with Allergy To Chemicals. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina (fungal infection of vagina)
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 32-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 56-year old woman with Hives. The patient has Loss Of Taste
Recent Diphenhydramine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.