Home > Disulfiram > Kidney failure > Disulfiram and Kidney failure
Review: could Disulfiram cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 405 people who have side effects while taking Disulfiram from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Disulfiram and have Kidney failure >>>
Disulfiram (latest outcomes from 425 users) has active ingredients of disulfiram. It is often used in alcoholism.
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) (latest reports from 427,622 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 405 people reported to have side effects when taking Disulfiram. Among them, 6 people (1.48%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Disulfiram when people have Kidney failure * :
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Disulfiram * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Disulfiram * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Disulfiram ** :
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (3 people, 50.00%)
- Metformin hcl (3 people, 50.00%)
- Diovan (3 people, 50.00%)
- Felodipine (3 people, 50.00%)
- Isosorbide dinitrate (3 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Disulfiram?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Disulfiram and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Disulfiram
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Can antabuse be used when you already have liver cerossis?
My son has aan alcohol problem, hem was diagnosed with chirossis of the liver. He is currently using antabuse but after 3 months taking this it does not have any effect on him anymore. Should he stop using the antabuse because it could harm the liver even further, what else can be used?
- Can a person take antabuse and maxalt together?
I am taking Antabuse for alcoholism . But it's causing severe headaches. Can I try Maxalt for the headache?
- I have developed a sudden intolerance to alcohol...just wanted to know can it be due to an antabuse given to me on the sly???
I wanted to know whether there is a test which can determine the presence of antabuse in the blood stream????
- How long does impotence last after stopping abtabuse
Since taking antabuse about 6 weeks ago I get and erection for a while but cannot climax during intercourse. This is causing a problem in my sex life. I only have one partner and this has never been a problem before. If anything, I sometimes ejaculated prematurely. Does this persist after stopping t ...
- Did all of these medications cause kidney failure and liver failure
never had a liver diagnosis, took the celebrex for 1 week, and did not have blood work before subscribed, does any of these medications mixed cause problems?
admitted for fall, discharged one week later to hospice
- I take 500mg of antabuse once a day. what, if in the event of an emergency, i'm given medicine, particularly by injection something that contains alcohol?
- I have stage 3 kidney failure and i drink folgers cappuccino daily one of the ingredients is dipotassium phosphate is that harmful to my kidneys
is folgers cappuccino mix ok to drink if you have stage 3 kidney failure
More questions for: Disulfiram, Kidney failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Disulfiram, Kidney failure
On eHealthMe, Disulfiram (disulfiram) is often used for alcoholism. Find out below the conditions Disulfiram is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Disulfiram used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Disulfiram, Kidney failure
Recent Disulfiram related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Xanax, Antabuse for a 66-year old woman who has Alcohol Use
- Comparions of Antabuse (Odyssey Pharms) - 250MG, Tramadol Hydrochloride (Teva) - 50MG for a 43-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Antabuse, Effexor for a 36-year old man who has Alcoholism
- Comparions of Antabuse (Odyssey Pharms) - 250MG, Zoloft (Pfizer) - EQ 100MG BASE for a 36-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Disulfiram, Revia (Duramed) - 50MG for a 22-year old woman who has Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Comparions of Antabuse (Odyssey Pharms) - 500MG, Ativan for a 28-year old man who has Panic Attacks
- Comparions of Antabuse (Odyssey Pharms) - 250MG, Clonazepam (Mylan) - 0.5MG for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Glucophage (Bristol Myers Squibb) - 1GM, Antabuse for a 53-year old woman who has Alcoholism
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide (Akyma Pharms) - EQ 20MG BASE, Antabuse for a 34-year old man who has No Reason
- Comparions of Caffeine Citrate (Abraxis Pharm Prods) - EQ 30MG BASE/3ML (EQ 10MG BASE/ML), Disulfiram (Par Pharm) - 250MG, Ditropan Xl (Ortho Mcneil Janssen) - 15MG, Clonazepam (Apotex) - 2MG for a 51-year old man who has Mental Disorder
More related comparison studies for: Disulfiram, Kidney failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.