Disulfiram and Kidney failure - from FDA reports
Kidney failure is found among people who take Disulfiram, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old also take medication Aspirin, and have Sleep disorder. This review analyzes which people have Kidney failure with Disulfiram. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 607 people who have side effects when taking Disulfiram from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 28, 2017
607 people reported to have side effects when taking Disulfiram.
Among them, 8 people (1.32%) have Kidney failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Disulfiram *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Disulfiram *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sleep Disorder (3 people, 37.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Plavix (3 people, 37.50%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 37.50%)
- Isosorbide Dinitrate (3 people, 37.50%)
- Glyburide (3 people, 37.50%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 37.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hepatic Failure (6 people, 75.00%)
- Intracranial Pressure Increased (3 people, 37.50%)
- Heart Attack (3 people, 37.50%)
- Coronary Artery Occlusion (3 people, 37.50%)
- Liver Transplant (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Kidney failure when taking Disulfiram?
- Check symptoms - is kidney failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsKidney failure and drugs with ingredients of disulfiram.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeKidney failure and Disulfiram from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Disulfiram has active ingredients of disulfiram. It is often used in alcoholism. (latest outcomes from Disulfiram 652 users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 87,300 Kidney failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Disulfirama b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Kidney failureKidney failure
Could your condition cause Kidney failureKidney failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
User reviews to the study
I have Narcolepsy and my kidney function has dropped from 47 to 40 in three weeks. Anything I can do to help my kidney function improve or protect my kidneys when using stimulants. All I do is sleep around the clock when I don't medicate