Ditropan xl and Red man syndrome - from FDA reports
Red man syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Ditropan Xl. We study 2,319 people who have side effects while taking Ditropan xl from FDA. Among them, 1 have Red man syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Red man syndrome and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 31, 2017
2,319 people reported to have side effects when taking Ditropan xl.
Among them, 1 person (0.04%) has Red man syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Red man syndrome when taking Ditropan xl *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Red man syndrome when taking Ditropan xl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (1 person, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pravachol (1 person, 100.00%)
- Piroxicam (1 person, 100.00%)
- Elmiron (1 person, 100.00%)
- Detrol (1 person, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (1 person, 100.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (1 person, 100.00%)
- Rashes (1 person, 100.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (1 person, 100.00%)
- Catheter Bacteraemia (1 person, 100.00%)
- Blood Magnesium Decreased (1 person, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Red man syndrome when taking Ditropan xl?
- Check symptoms - is red man syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRed man syndrome and drugs with ingredients of oxybutynin chloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRed man syndrome and Ditropan xl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ditropan xl has active ingredients of oxybutynin chloride. It is often used in urge incontinence. (latest outcomes from Ditropan xl 2,385 users)
Red man syndrome
Red man syndrome (a reaction to the drug vancomycin) has been reported by people with staphylococcal infection, cellulitis, crohn's disease, infection, pain (latest reports from 639 Red man syndrome patients).