Review: could Donepezil cause Seizure disorder (Epilepsy)?
Summary: Seizure disorder is found among people who take Donepezil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Donepezil hcl, and have Dementia alzheimer's type.
We study 2,766 people who have side effects while taking Donepezil from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Seizure disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Seizure disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Donepezil and have Seizure disorder >>>
Donepezil has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from 2,850 Donepezil users)
Seizure disorder (disease of seizure related) has been reported by people with epilepsy, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, convulsion. (latest reports from 36,621 Seizure disorder patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 2,765 people reported to have side effects when taking Donepezil. Among them, 16 people (0.58%) have Seizure Disorder.
Time on Donepezil when people have Seizure disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Seizure disorder||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Donepezil * :
|Seizure disorder||55.56%||44.44% |
Age of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Donepezil * :
|Seizure disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||94.12% |
Severity of Seizure disorder when taking Donepezil ** :
How people recovered from Seizure disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (11 people, 68.75%)
- Dementia (1 people, 6.25%)
- Memory impairment (1 people, 6.25%)
- Epilepsy (1 people, 6.25%)
- Convulsion (1 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Donepezil hcl (16 people, 100.00%)
- Memantine hcl (8 people, 50.00%)
- Inhibace (4 people, 25.00%)
- Amlodipine besylate (4 people, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of donepezil and seizure disorder on
Do you have Seizure Disorder while taking Donepezil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Donepezil and have Seizure Disorder
- support group for people who take Donepezil
- support group for people who have Seizure Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Namenda Xr for a 74-year old man with Neurological Deficits - Focal, Neurologic Deficit. The patient has Has Begun To Have Heavy Nosebleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Lamictal, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Abilify, Lopressor for a 55-year old man with Alzheimers, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Dizziness (excl Vertigo)
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Ativan, Enulose, Megace for a 96-year old woman with Short-Term Memory Loss, Sedation, Postoperative Constipation, Bedsore.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Ditropan XL, Micardis, Singulair, Cymbalta, Requip, Aricept for a 77-year old woman with Osteomas, Immunity, Blood Thinner, Urinary Incontinence, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Depression, Tremor, Alzheimers. The patient has Depression, Fecal Incontinence, Lack Of Coordination, Lethargy
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a 66-year old man with Forgetfulness. The patient has Dizziness
Recent Donepezil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.