Review: could Doxazosin mesylate cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is found among people who take Doxazosin mesylate, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 7,835 people who have side effects while taking Doxazosin mesylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Doxazosin mesylate and have Water retention >>>
Doxazosin mesylate has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 8,077 Doxazosin mesylate users)
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,438 Water retention patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 7,833 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxazosin mesylate. Among them, 52 people (0.66%) have Water Retention.
Time on Doxazosin mesylate when people have Water retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Water retention||75.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Doxazosin mesylate * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.19%||42.86%||30.95% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Doxazosin mesylate ** :
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 34.62%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 26.92%)
- Diabetes mellitus (6 people, 11.54%)
- Prostatectomy (3 people, 5.77%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (2 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (20 people, 38.46%)
- Simvastatin (20 people, 38.46%)
- Warfarin sodium (19 people, 36.54%)
- Faslodex (18 people, 34.62%)
- Duragesic-100 (18 people, 34.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Doxazosin Mesylate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Doxazosin mesylate and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Doxazosin mesylate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Atenolol for a 67-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears, Swollen Belly, Aches And Pains In Bones, Eye Allergy, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Lumigan, Doxazosin Mesylate, Ramipril, Diazepam, Prednisolone, Paracetamol, Tramadol, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 66-year old man with Pressure Sore, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lung Surgery. The patient has Oral Discharge
- A study of side effects of Naproxen Sodium for a 61-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Ingrown Toenail, Mouth Ulcers, Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood), Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood), Muscle Aches (muscle pain), Spitting Up, Cough, Heart Rate Increased, Heartburn - Chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus), Retained Fetal Lung Fluid (fluid does not leave the lung)
Recent Doxazosin mesylate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Cardura, Azor for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Symbicort, Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxazosin Mesylate, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 73-year old man who has UTI
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Atenolol, Cardura, Norvasc, Maxide, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has HBP
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.