Review: could Doxazosin mesylate cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is found among people who take Doxazosin mesylate, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 7,835 people who have side effects while taking Doxazosin mesylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Doxazosin mesylate and have Water retention >>>
Doxazosin mesylate has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 8,078 Doxazosin mesylate users)
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,475 Water retention patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 7,835 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxazosin mesylate. Among them, 52 people (0.66%) have Water Retention.
Time on Doxazosin mesylate when people have Water retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Water retention||75.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Doxazosin mesylate * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.19%||42.86%||30.95% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Doxazosin mesylate ** :
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 34.62%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 26.92%)
- Diabetes mellitus (6 people, 11.54%)
- Prostatectomy (3 people, 5.77%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (2 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (20 people, 38.46%)
- Simvastatin (20 people, 38.46%)
- Warfarin sodium (19 people, 36.54%)
- Faslodex (18 people, 34.62%)
- Duragesic-100 (18 people, 34.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Doxazosin Mesylate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Doxazosin mesylate and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Doxazosin mesylate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Avalide for a 54-year old woman with Seasonal Allergy, Heartburn, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Water Retention
- A study of side effects of Actemra for a 50-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Insomnia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Fluid Retention, Sjogren's Syndrome, Scleroedema, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Cardizem, Lisinopril, Lexapro, Lipitor, Gabapentin for a 72-year old woman with Cardiac Disorder, Chronic Depression, Neuropathy. The patient has Fluid Retention, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 71-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Fluid Retention
Recent Doxazosin mesylate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Terazosin Hydrochloride, for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Cardura, Azor for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Symbicort, Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxazosin Mesylate, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 73-year old man who has UTI
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.