Home > Doxazosin mesylate > Water retention > Doxazosin mesylate and Water retention
Review: could Doxazosin mesylate cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is found among people who take Doxazosin mesylate, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 7,829 people who have side effects while taking Doxazosin mesylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Doxazosin mesylate and have Water retention >>>
Doxazosin mesylate (latest outcomes from 8,071 users) has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 90,907 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 7,826 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxazosin mesylate. Among them, 52 people (0.66%) have Water Retention.
Time on Doxazosin mesylate when people have Water retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Water retention||75.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Doxazosin mesylate * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.19%||42.86%||30.95% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Doxazosin mesylate ** :
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 34.62%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 26.92%)
- Diabetes mellitus (6 people, 11.54%)
- Blood pressure (3 people, 5.77%)
- Prostatectomy (3 people, 5.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (20 people, 38.46%)
- Simvastatin (20 people, 38.46%)
- Warfarin sodium (19 people, 36.54%)
- Faslodex (18 people, 34.62%)
- Duragesic-100 (18 people, 34.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Doxazosin Mesylate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Doxazosin mesylate and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Doxazosin mesylate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Can xarelto cause my blood pressure to elevate
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Allopurinol, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Crestor, Doxazosin Mesylate, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Oxycodone, Xarelto)
I had a stroke (TIA) TWO MONTHS AGO AND MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON A BLOOD THINNER
XARELTO and my blood pressure is always high now.
- I stopped taking lyrica 3days ago after experiencing ankle swelling. ankles are still swollen. how long before swelling goes always
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Fluid Retention, and takes Ace)
Took Lyrica for 1 week. Noticed swelling in ankles so discontinued 3days ago. I take LASIK and an ACE for high blood pressure. Swelling is better but still there. How long before swelling goes away and is there anything I can do to help ie compression hose elevated feet?
- I cut 1/3 of my oxycontin sr 15 mg pills in half, to minimize intake. any problem with that?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Foot Edema, Low Back Pain, Itching, Short-Term Memory Loss, High Blood Pressure, Skin Lesions, and takes Atenolol, Doxazosin Mesylate)
Keflex for skin lesions.
Oxycontin has robbed me of short-term memory, and makes me tired. The foot Edema is so bad my big shoe hits the gas and brake pedals at the same time, so I can't drive with my shoe on.
I want Resiniferatoxin to permanently kill my low back pain, but the Opiate industry ...
- Can you take amlodapine and doxazosin at the same time
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, Atrial Fibruations, Low Thyroid, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Doxazosin Mesylate, Lovastatin)
have acid reflux, Afib, BPH. low thyroid levels high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Have been taking 50 mg metoprolol for 8 months it makes me very tired. Work out on a bow flex for 30 minutes and walk 2 miles every day. if I take 25 mg metoprolol and work out on the bow flex in the morning ...
More questions for: Doxazosin mesylate, Water retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Did you recover from bph?
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has BPH, and takes Saw Palmetto, Doxazosin)
For unknown reasons my BPH symptoms have gradually disappeared. I was taking Doxazosin for 2-3 years but it never seemed to really help. I stated taking Saw Palmetto about a year ago.
Gradually over this summer my BPH symptoms faded to almost zero.
I'm not ready to claim that the Saw Palmetto di ...
More reviews for: Doxazosin mesylate, Water retention
- A study of drug interactions between Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Ramipril, Naturetin-5, Doxazosin Mesylate, Zorvolex for a patient with Hypertension, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Retinal Degeneration
Comments: Taking Diclofenac against GP's advice as the only relief for Rheumatoid arthritis.
Now suffering Zig-zags in vision and worried that diclofenac may be causing this.
- A study of drug interactions between Doxazosin Mesylate, Celebrex, Fluoxetine, Soma, Lyrica, Morphine, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Thick Ejaculate/ Thick Semen, Chronic Pain, Ptsd, Nerve Pain. The patient has Thick Ejaculate/ Thick Semen
Comments: Thick uncomfortable ejaculations. Sometimes "chunks" of semen exit my penis durning bowel movements. Ejaculations look like gobs of tiny little round, very thick balls of semen making up large chunks of ejaculate...
- A study of drug interactions between Doxazosin Mesylate, Folic Acid, Pravastatin Sodium, Allopurinol, Calcitriol, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Kidney - Polycystic, High Blood Cholesterol, Urine Uric Acid Abnormal, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Creatinine Renal Clearance Decreased
Comments: 57 years old PKD patient, increase values of creatinine 2.8 to 3.64.
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Clonidine. The patient has Pulse Pressure Decreased, Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: pulse low 50's bp bouncing bp up and down
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
More related studies for: Doxazosin mesylate, Water retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.