Doxazosin mesylate and Dry mouth - from FDA reports
Dry mouth is found among people who take Doxazosin mesylate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Dry mouth with Doxazosin mesylate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,192 people who have side effects when taking Doxazosin mesylate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 26, 2017
8,192 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxazosin mesylate.
Among them, 32 people (0.39%) have Dry mouth
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Doxazosin mesylate *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Doxazosin mesylate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.57 %
- 50-59: 28.57 %
- 60+: 67.86 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (11 people, 34.38%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (7 people, 21.88%)
- Stress And Anxiety (6 people, 18.75%)
- Preventive Health Care (5 people, 15.62%)
- Depression (4 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Spiriva (6 people, 18.75%)
- Simvastatin (6 people, 18.75%)
- Norvasc (6 people, 18.75%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 18.75%)
- Coreg (5 people, 15.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (6 people, 18.75%)
- Dizziness (6 people, 18.75%)
- Constipation (6 people, 18.75%)
- Breathing Difficulty (6 people, 18.75%)
- Diarrhea (5 people, 15.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry mouth when taking Doxazosin mesylate?
- Check symptoms - is dry mouth caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry mouth and drugs with ingredients of doxazosin mesylate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry mouth and Doxazosin mesylate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Doxazosin mesylate has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Doxazosin mesylate 8,743 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 52,194 Dry mouth patients).
Browse all side effects of Doxazosin mesylatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry mouthDry mouth
Could your condition cause Dry mouthDry mouth
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Just been diagnosed with osteoporosis, found out I already have had an undiagnosed back fracture...which I didn't know about...taking Actonel, have dry mouth, lower back pain, wondering if anyone else with an ileostomy (37 yrs) is having any problems with Actonel.
User reviews to the study
I am 77 year old male and started 1-2 mg Doxazosin two months ago for hypertension. Have noticed some blurring similar to that experienced with Norvasc. Just started a 3mg Doxazosin dose and both dry eye (a long time problem) and blurring seem worse.