Doxazosin mesylate and Water retention - from FDA reports
Water retention is found among people who take Doxazosin mesylate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Water retention with Doxazosin mesylate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,192 people who have side effects when taking Doxazosin mesylate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
8,192 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxazosin mesylate.
Among them, 51 people (0.62%) have Water retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Doxazosin mesylate when people have Water retention *:
- < 1 month: 75 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Doxazosin mesylate *:
- female: 50.98 %
- male: 49.02 %
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Doxazosin mesylate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.22 %
- 50-59: 48.65 %
- 60+: 35.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (18 people, 35.29%)
- Diabetes (6 people, 11.76%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (4 people, 7.84%)
- Prostate Removal (3 people, 5.88%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (2 people, 3.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (20 people, 39.22%)
- Warfarin Sodium (19 people, 37.25%)
- Vioxx (18 people, 35.29%)
- Faslodex (18 people, 35.29%)
- Biotin (18 people, 35.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased (24 people, 47.06%)
- Fatigue (21 people, 41.18%)
- Back Pain (21 people, 41.18%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (20 people, 39.22%)
- Diarrhea (20 people, 39.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Water retention when taking Doxazosin mesylate?
- Check symptoms - is water retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWater retention and drugs with ingredients of doxazosin mesylate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWater retention and Doxazosin mesylate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Doxazosin mesylate has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Doxazosin mesylate 8,743 users)
Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,871 Water retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Doxazosin mesylatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Water retentionWater retention
Could your condition cause Water retentionWater retention
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi! I've been taking Diltiazem for 2 weeks now and noticed some swelling in my ankles and feet. Should I be concerned? It's Friday and to late to call my Dr. And want to make sure I'll be ok till Monday. Thanks!
I am waiting for Hyperparathyroid surgery. I have taken Furosemide for several years because of swollen ankles. The fluid caused blisters to form from my ankles to mid calf. The blisters have almost all gone but I am still left with fluid right up to the top of my shins and really dry and ...
I am 77 year old male and started 1-2 mg Doxazosin two months ago for hypertension. Have noticed some blurring similar to that experienced with Norvasc. Just started a 3mg Doxazosin dose and both dry eye (a long time problem) and blurring seem worse.