Review: could Doxepin hydrochloride cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Doxepin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Alprazolam, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 493 people who have side effects while taking Doxepin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Doxepin hydrochloride and have Constipation >>>
Doxepin Hydrochloride has active ingredients of doxepin hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 767 Doxepin Hydrochloride users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 81,475 Constipation patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 493 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxepin hydrochloride. Among them, 14 people (2.84%) have Constipation.
Time on Doxepin hydrochloride when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Doxepin hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Doxepin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Doxepin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (9 people, 64.29%)
- Nausea (8 people, 57.14%)
- Spasmodic dysphonia (1 people, 7.14%)
- Sleep aid (1 people, 7.14%)
- Spasm of the esophagus (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Alprazolam (9 people, 64.29%)
- Carbamazepine (9 people, 64.29%)
- Clonidine (9 people, 64.29%)
- Diazepam (8 people, 57.14%)
- Caffeine citrate (8 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of doxepin hydrochloride and constipation on
Do you have Constipation while taking Doxepin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Doxepin hydrochloride and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Doxepin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Vicodin for a 69-year old man with Pain - Back. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, Akineton, Risperidone for a 73-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Salivary Gland Mass, Restlessness, Weight Loss, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Celebrex, Clonidine for a 32-year old man with Drug Addiction, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Adhd. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
Recent Doxepin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Silenor, Clonazepam for a 66-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cyclosporine for a 34-year old woman who has Hives
- Comparions of Xolair, Doxepin Hydrochloride for a 22-year old woman who has Unidentified Hives
- Comparions of Zoloft, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Anafranil for a 47-year old man who has Chronic Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.