Review: could Doxepin hydrochloride cause Constipation aggravated?
Summary: Constipation aggravated is found among people who take Doxepin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Alprazolam, and have Anxiety.
We study 487 people who have side effects while taking Doxepin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Constipation aggravated. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation aggravated and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Doxepin hydrochloride and have Constipation aggravated >>>
Doxepin hydrochloride has active ingredients of doxepin hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Doxepin hydrochloride 761 users)
Constipation aggravated (worse constipation) (latest reports from Constipation aggravated 80,310 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 487 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxepin hydrochloride. Among them, 14 people (2.87%) have Constipation Aggravated.
Time on Doxepin hydrochloride when people have Constipation aggravated * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Constipation aggravated||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Constipation aggravated when taking Doxepin hydrochloride * :
|Constipation aggravated||42.11%||57.89% |
Age of people who have Constipation aggravated when taking Doxepin hydrochloride * :
|Constipation aggravated||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||61.11%||33.33%||0.00% |
Severity of Constipation aggravated when taking Doxepin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Constipation aggravated||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Constipation aggravated ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Constipation aggravated||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (9 people, 64.29%)
- Nausea (8 people, 57.14%)
- Spasmodic dysphonia (1 people, 7.14%)
- Sleep aid (1 people, 7.14%)
- Spasm of the esophagus (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Alprazolam (9 people, 64.29%)
- Carbamazepine (9 people, 64.29%)
- Clonidine (9 people, 64.29%)
- Diazepam (8 people, 57.14%)
- Caffeine citrate (8 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation Aggravated while taking Doxepin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Doxepin hydrochloride and have Constipation Aggravated
- support group for people who take Doxepin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Constipation Aggravated
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take methadone hydro 10mgs/3prn how does it interact w/my other meds
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Spinal Compression Fracture, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride)
My pain and sleep problems-which are neurologically based, predates methadone use- have been well managed for at least 6 years. My methadone dose has never changed nor do I feel the need for more. Though it does cause constipation it is managed fairly well with ample hydration (minimum intake 64 oz ...
- Is it normal to act drunk and be really confused when taking doxepin and gabapentin together
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Back And Leg Pain, and takes Doxepin Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
my husband woke up at 5:30 in the am and took two 800mg gabapentin and two 50mg doxepin and it is now 4pm and hes still acting really weird like hes drunk
More questions for: Doxepin hydrochloride, Constipation aggravated
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!! (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out (3 responses)
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Simple Partial Seizures, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Constipation, Nausea, Chills, and takes Celexa)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Lithium constipation and tremor
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Constipation, and takes Lexapro)
After taking Lithium Carb for about three months, I realize I've been moderately constipated for several weeks. I also have been nauseous and suddenly realize that it's probably related to the nausea and maybe the cause of it.
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects (2 responses)
(Posted by a 42 year old man who has Epilepsy, Generalized Tonic-clonic Seizure, Myoclonic Epilepsy, Partial Seizures, Constipation, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Depression, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Gums - Bleeding, Agitation, Aggression, and takes Valproate Sodium, Lexapro, Topamax)
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Doxepin hydrochloride, Constipation aggravated
- A study of side effects of Doxepin Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Anxiety
Comments: Had stomach adhesions in April, 2014 - subsided after 3 days in hospital. Tried to get off doxepin, but felt overwhelmed with anxiety -family doctor put me back on Doxepin after trying other anti-anxiety meds. What are chances that Doxepin caused adhesions?
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium Iv, Carafate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Esophagitis. The patient has Constipation, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: The symptoms listed above are from taking the carafate only. I have been on this for a week now taking it 3 times a day an hour before a meal at the same time daily. I feel bloated, constipated and am having a very hard stool then to diarrhea and it burns, I also feel as if gas is stuck in my abdome ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Drug Addiction. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Abdominal Pain Upper
Comments: I was reading information about methadone (i just started 1 wk.ago) and i came acrossa paralytic ileus. Some of the symptoms are constipation, abdominal distention, nausea and vomiting. Which i experience all 4. I have a bowel movement once maybe every 2 wks. Its extremely painful. Its not normal in ...
More related studies for: Doxepin hydrochloride, Constipation aggravated
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.