Review: could Doxepin hydrochloride cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is reported only by a few people who take Doxepin hydrochloride.
We study 487 people who have side effects while taking Doxepin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Doxepin hydrochloride and have Water retention >>>
Doxepin hydrochloride has active ingredients of doxepin hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Doxepin hydrochloride 761 users)
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Water retention 17,802 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 487 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxepin hydrochloride. Among them, 3 people (0.62%) have Water Retention.
Time on Doxepin hydrochloride when people have Water retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Water retention||33.33%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Doxepin hydrochloride * :
|Water retention||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Doxepin hydrochloride * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Doxepin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Water retention||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (1 people, 33.33%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 33.33%)
- Sleep (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (1 people, 33.33%)
- Allergies (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (2 people, 66.67%)
- Concerta (1 people, 33.33%)
- Klonopin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Potassium chloride (1 people, 33.33%)
- Naproxen sodium (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Doxepin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Doxepin hydrochloride and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Doxepin hydrochloride
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I stopped taking lyrica 3days ago after experiencing ankle swelling. ankles are still swollen. how long before swelling goes always
Took Lyrica for 1 week. Noticed swelling in ankles so discontinued 3days ago. I take LASIK and an ACE for high blood pressure. Swelling is better but still there. How long before swelling goes away and is there anything I can do to help ie compression hose elevated feet?
- I take methadone hydro 10mgs/3prn how does it interact w/my other meds
My pain and sleep problems-which are neurologically based, predates methadone use- have been well managed for at least 6 years. My methadone dose has never changed nor do I feel the need for more. Though it does cause constipation it is managed fairly well with ample hydration (minimum intake 64 oz bottled water)and a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. My biggest frustration is with DOCTORS who seem to have a universal programming in their mind about methadone. Every time a new doctor comes in the picture I have to fight with him/her about their PREJUDICE and bad information. The horror stories are always related to ABUSE of medication (DUH!!)which I have never done.Only one doctor has bothered to explain what the worse side effects are and CARDIOMYOPATHY is one that alarmed me. My next visit will see me asking for a test to see if there are any signs. Otherwise, except for not getting enough exercise (my bad) I consider myself in fairly good health. I hate taking all the pills, but the alternative is debilitating pain and never sleeping. NOT HAPPENING! Thanks for reading this. I hope it encourages someone to not be so fearful and to take control of their pain management.
- Is it normal to act drunk and be really confused when taking doxepin and gabapentin together
my husband woke up at 5:30 in the am and took two 800mg gabapentin and two 50mg doxepin and it is now 4pm and hes still acting really weird like hes drunk
More questions for: Doxepin hydrochloride, Water retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
More reviews for: Doxepin hydrochloride, Water retention
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Had stomach adhesions in April, 2014 - subsided after 3 days in hospital. Tried to get off doxepin, but felt overwhelmed with anxiety -family doctor put me back on Doxepin after trying other anti-anxiety meds. What are chances that Doxepin caused adhesions?
- I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
- My diafram. Feels like its pushing on my lungs but they are clear to doctors check up.
Diagnosed with fatty liver disease during this time due to bloodwork and echo on heart then abdominal ultrasound
Does ra attack liver or is it causing infect ion on an organ white blood cell couny in all thr ...
- I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- Venlafaxine was started for major depression and anti-anxiety. Hives broke out 6 months after begin date of Venlafaxine. Allergist has prescribed/recommended the rest of the anti-histamine drugs. Hives and depression still linger.
More related studies for: Doxepin hydrochloride, Water retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.