Review: could Doxycycline hyclate cause Chronic fatigue syndrome?
Summary: Chronic fatigue syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Doxycycline hyclate.
We study 1,697 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline hyclate from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Chronic fatigue syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic fatigue syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate and have Chronic fatigue syndrome >>>
Doxycycline hyclate has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from 2,410 Doxycycline hyclate users)
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue) has been reported by people with acne, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 2,745 Chronic fatigue syndrome patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 1,697 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline hyclate. Among them, 3 people (0.18%) have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Time on Doxycycline hyclate when people have Chronic fatigue syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Doxycycline hyclate * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Doxycycline hyclate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chronic fatigue syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lyme disease - chronic persistent (2 people, 66.67%)
- Chronic insomnia (1 people, 33.33%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tachycardia (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pain - joints (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Savella (1 people, 33.33%)
- Bystolic (1 people, 33.33%)
- Flagyl (1 people, 33.33%)
- Ambien cr (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Doxycycline hyclate and chronic fatigue syndrome on
Do you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome while taking Doxycycline Hyclate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate and have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate
- support group for people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Paxil Cr for a 36-year old man with Panic Disorder. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Doxycycline hyclate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.