Review: could Doxycycline hyclate cause Chronic fatigue syndrome?
Summary: Chronic fatigue syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Doxycycline hyclate.
We study 1,700 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline hyclate from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Chronic fatigue syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic fatigue syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate and have Chronic fatigue syndrome >>>
Doxycycline hyclate has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from 2,415 Doxycycline hyclate users)
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue) has been reported by people with acne, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 2,799 Chronic fatigue syndrome patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 1,700 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline hyclate. Among them, 3 people (0.18%) have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Time on Doxycycline hyclate when people have Chronic fatigue syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Doxycycline hyclate * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Doxycycline hyclate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chronic fatigue syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lyme disease - chronic persistent (2 people, 66.67%)
- Chronic insomnia (1 people, 33.33%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tachycardia (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pain - joints (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Savella (1 people, 33.33%)
- Bystolic (1 people, 33.33%)
- Flagyl (1 people, 33.33%)
- Ambien cr (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of doxycycline hyclate and chronic fatigue syndrome on
Do you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome while taking Doxycycline Hyclate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate and have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate
- support group for people who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Clozapine for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Fluoxetine for a 60-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Pain Exacerbated, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Motrin Ib, Flexeril, Doxycycline, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Zoloft for a 36-year old woman with Sciatica, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety. The patient has Fatigue, Recurring Skin Boils
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
Recent Doxycycline hyclate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.