Review: could Doxycycline hyclate cause Neck stiffness (Neck pain)?
Summary: Neck stiffness is found among people who take Doxycycline hyclate, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fluconazole, and have Acne.
We study 1,697 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline hyclate from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Neck stiffness. Find out below who they are, when they have Neck stiffness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate and have Neck stiffness >>>
Doxycycline hyclate has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from 2,413 Doxycycline hyclate users)
Neck stiffness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 24,458 Neck stiffness patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 1,697 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline hyclate. Among them, 19 people (1.12%) have Neck Stiffness.
Time on Doxycycline hyclate when people have Neck stiffness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neck stiffness||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Neck stiffness when taking Doxycycline hyclate * :
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||0.00%||30.00%||25.00%||0.00%||20.00%||10.00%||15.00% |
Severity of Neck stiffness when taking Doxycycline hyclate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neck stiffness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (4 people, 21.05%)
- Contraception (4 people, 21.05%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (3 people, 15.79%)
- Menstruation irregular (2 people, 10.53%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fluconazole (8 people, 42.11%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 36.84%)
- Metronidazole (7 people, 36.84%)
- Triamcinolone (6 people, 31.58%)
- Yasmin (6 people, 31.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neck Stiffness while taking Doxycycline Hyclate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate and have Neck Stiffness
- support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate
- support group for people who have Neck Stiffness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Meloxicam, Fentanyl-50 for a 75-year old man with Acid Reflux, Irritability, Cerebral Thrombosis, Sciatica. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline Hyclate for a 56-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus)
- A study of drug interactions between Acyclovir, Hydroxyzine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 42-year old woman with Herpes Simplex, Bladder Pain, Insomnia, Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent. The patient has Bladder Pain, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
Recent Doxycycline hyclate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.