Home > Doxycycline hyclate > Swallowing difficulty > Doxycycline hyclate and Swallowing difficulty
Review: could Doxycycline hyclate cause Swallowing difficulty?
Summary: Swallowing difficulty is found among people who take Doxycycline hyclate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Compazine, and have Breast cancer metastatic.
We study 1,680 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline hyclate from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Swallowing difficulty. Find out below who they are, when they have Swallowing difficulty and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate and have Swallowing difficulty >>>
Doxycycline hyclate (latest outcomes from 2,395 users) has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne.
Swallowing difficulty (latest reports from 251,452 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 1,680 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline hyclate. Among them, 26 people (1.55%) have Swallowing Difficulty.
Time on Doxycycline hyclate when people have Swallowing difficulty * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swallowing difficulty||90.91%||9.09%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Doxycycline hyclate * :
|Swallowing difficulty||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.64%||13.64%||18.18%||22.73%||31.82% |
Severity of Swallowing difficulty when taking Doxycycline hyclate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Swallowing difficulty||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Swallowing difficulty ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Swallowing difficulty||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer metastatic (2 people, 7.69%)
- Acne (2 people, 7.69%)
- Pneumonia (2 people, 7.69%)
- Bronchospasm (2 people, 7.69%)
- Lung disorder (1 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Compazine (3 people, 11.54%)
- Azithromycin (3 people, 11.54%)
- Fentanyl (3 people, 11.54%)
- Albuterol (3 people, 11.54%)
- Zofran (3 people, 11.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swallowing Difficulty while taking Doxycycline Hyclate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate and have Swallowing Difficulty
- support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate
- support group for people who have Swallowing Difficulty
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have chladmydia in my eye,,doctor has given me a single dose 1 gram of azithromycin,,however im a carrier of hep c,,should i take this medicine
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Chladymia In My Eye, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
I have gotten chladmydia bot genatally and its in my eye,,i have been a carrier of hep c for a long time,,my doctor has given me a single dose of azithromycin at 1 gram,,im afariad this may lead to liver failure,,anyone know
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Can 100mg doxycycline hyclate be taken at the same time with zithromax?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Lyme Disease - Early Disseminated, Strep Throat, and takes Azithromycin, Doxycycline Hyclate)
Patient was bitten by a deer tick and is taking doxycycline as preventive measure. A throat infection is developing for which the doxycycline seems to have no effect, though azithromycin has proven rapidly effective in the past. Should the doxycycline be discontinued during the azithromycin cycle? ...
- Are my symptoms caused by doxycycline ?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Gum Abscesses X2, Anosmia, Pain In Fingers And Thumb Left Hand Severe Possible Nerve Based, and takes Doxycycline)
Within 12 hours of taking first dose of 200mg Doxycycline severe pain in knuckle of pinkie finger, over next 2 days shifted to index finger then finally to thumb and index finger pain severe unable to tolerate any pressure in area and continues until now. 3rd day red rash to face with what looked li ...
- The effect of doxycycline on the morning after pill
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Feeling Dizzy,nauseous, and takes Doxycycline)
i had sex with my boyfriend a week after i had my periods.i took an antibiotic(doxycycline) the morning before.when we had sex,the condom burst and we went straight to the pharmacy to buy the morning after pill..is there a probability that the pill might have worked?
More questions for: Doxycycline hyclate, Swallowing difficulty
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My experience with lyme
(Posted by a 25 year old man who has Cognitive And Psychiatric Disorder, Lyme Disease, Inflammation And Severe Nerve Damage, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
My final semester at college-
Woke up to extreme inflammation in what was determined to be a portion of my trapezius on the left side length of my next. It was accompanied by severely swollen lymph nodes throughout my entire body. I went about my day with what to me was seemingly a bad neck cramp ...
- Symptons from taking doxycyclin
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Rash From The Sunburn And Very Itchy, High Sensitivity To Sun, Burned Easily Even With Sunscreen, Cold Tingling On Toes And Hands, Skin Burning Sensation On Hands, Elevated Creatinine Levels, and takes Doxycycline)
I recently went in for a physical, everything was normal except my Creatinine levels. I had severe symptoms from burning hands/knuckles to feeling very tingly like cold needles. Also, burned very easily from sun even with 50 sun screen applied. Should I be worried about the Creatinine levels be abn ...
- Doxycycline/severe sun reaction
(Posted by a 80 year old man who has Virgilio, Severe Burning And Redness Lasted For Weeks, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
Was put on Doxycycline for an infection on the surface of my knee.Went to a football game in NC,SEPT.14TH,was in sun for maybe 3-4 hours.I have Virgilio but have been in sun many times with no such burn.Also used 45 sunblock!
Went to doctor following Monday,because of concern for infection,she s ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Doxycycline hyclate, Swallowing difficulty
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Azithromycin for a patient with Lyme Disease, Bronchitis. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Comments: I have so many side effects that chronic fatigue seems simplistic. Almost every cell in my body has been damaged. I have seen over 20 doctors since my cascade of symptoms started (13years ago). They all play dumb, tell me my problem is not in their specialty, or offer me antidepressants. Yet whe ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Baby Aspirin, Plaquenil, Lisinopril, Cellcept for a patient with Pre-medication, Lupus, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Nausea, Dysphagia
Comments: Was diagnosed with SLE and Lupus Nephritis Dec 2012, I was on prednisone for 9 months, completely off a month ago. Cellcept since Dec 2012, lisinopril and plaquenil since around feb 2013.
Started getting difficulty swallowing and nausea that comes and goes (not necessarily at the same time) abou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Humira, Omeprazole, Doxycycline Hyclate, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clobetasol Propionate, Viagra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Fish Oil, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Whey Protein, Cis-9,trans-11 Conjugated Linoleic Acid; CLA; CLA-Free Fatty Acid; CLA-Triacylglycerol; LA; Linoleic Acid ; Trans-10,cis-12 Conjugated Linoleic Acid for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Arthritis - Psoriatic, Acid Reflux, Acne, Quit Smoking, Psoriasis, Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Deficiency, Immune System Health, Protein Supplement, Weight Loss. The patient has Pustular Psoriasis, Headache, Cold Sore
Comments: Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 1981, severe arthritis remission 1982 with minor after. Used cortisone compounds for plaque psoriasis since with minimal effectiveness. Started Humira 10 mths ago. Initially experienced Very High effectiveness with improved nails. Now winter time, few minor blemishes re ...
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline for a patient with Chest Infection. The patient has Sensitivity Of Teeth
Comments: I have never suffered with sensitive teeth before. Not once. Even whilst taking the medicine I could feel my teeth getting more sensitive day by day. The actual medicine I had was Doxycycline 1 x 100mg tablet a day for 14 days and I don't know the maker of it, I selected (Baxter Healthcare) because ...
More related studies for: Doxycycline hyclate, Swallowing difficulty
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (7 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (3 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (7 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder (17 minutes ago)
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (1 hour ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (2 hours ago)