Review: could Doxycycline hyclate cause Swallowing difficulty?
Summary: Swallowing difficulty is found among people who take Doxycycline hyclate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Compazine, and have Breast cancer metastatic.
We study 1,697 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline hyclate from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Swallowing difficulty. Find out below who they are, when they have Swallowing difficulty and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate and have Swallowing difficulty >>>
Doxycycline hyclate has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from 2,413 Doxycycline hyclate users)
Swallowing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 36,347 Swallowing difficulty patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 1,697 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline hyclate. Among them, 26 people (1.53%) have Swallowing Difficulty.
Time on Doxycycline hyclate when people have Swallowing difficulty * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swallowing difficulty||90.91%||9.09%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Doxycycline hyclate * :
|Swallowing difficulty||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.64%||13.64%||18.18%||22.73%||31.82% |
Severity of Swallowing difficulty when taking Doxycycline hyclate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Swallowing difficulty||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Swallowing difficulty ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Swallowing difficulty||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer metastatic (2 people, 7.69%)
- Acne (2 people, 7.69%)
- Pneumonia (2 people, 7.69%)
- Bronchospasm (2 people, 7.69%)
- Lung disorder (1 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Compazine (3 people, 11.54%)
- Azithromycin (3 people, 11.54%)
- Fentanyl (3 people, 11.54%)
- Albuterol (3 people, 11.54%)
- Zofran (3 people, 11.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of doxycycline hyclate and swallowing difficulty on
Do you have Swallowing Difficulty while taking Doxycycline Hyclate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate and have Swallowing Difficulty
- support group for people who take Doxycycline hyclate
- support group for people who have Swallowing Difficulty
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Clonazepam, Alesse, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 26-year old woman with Pericoronitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Major Depression. The patient has Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fever, Swallowing Difficulty, Pericoronitis, Swelling Face
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Lamictal, Abilify for a 56-year old woman with Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Belching, Swallowing Difficulty, Heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline Hyclate for a 56-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus)
Recent Doxycycline hyclate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.