Doxycycline hyclate and Diverticulitis - from FDA reports
Diverticulitis is reported only by a few people who take Doxycycline Hyclate. We study 3,888 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline hyclate from FDA. Among them, 3 have Diverticulitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diverticulitis and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
3,888 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline hyclate.
Among them, 3 people (0.08%) have Diverticulitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Doxycycline hyclate when people have Diverticulitis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Doxycycline hyclate *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Doxycycline hyclate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriasis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Pain (1 person, 33.33%)
- Malignant Melanoma (1 person, 33.33%)
- Indigestion (1 person, 33.33%)
- Constipation (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Flagyl (2 people, 66.67%)
- Omeprazole (1 person, 33.33%)
- Fosamax (1 person, 33.33%)
- Eliquis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Afinitor (1 person, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Sepsis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Rash Pruritic (1 person, 33.33%)
- Diabetes (1 person, 33.33%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (1 person, 33.33%)
- Bacteriuria (1 person, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Diverticulitis when taking Doxycycline hyclate?
- Check symptoms - is diverticulitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiverticulitis and drugs with ingredients of doxycycline hyclate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiverticulitis and Doxycycline hyclate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Doxycycline hyclate has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Doxycycline hyclate 5,237 users)
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 16,262 Diverticulitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Doxycycline hyclatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DiverticulitisDiverticulitis
Could your condition cause DiverticulitisDiverticulitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hey everyone, I am new to the group. My husband is suffering a bad bout of diverticulitis and all he is doing is sleeping-even in the middle of the day. Is this normal? He hasn't gone to the doctor yet and is hoping he can beat it in his own. I finally called the doctor but in the meanwhile, I'm ...
User reviews to the study
I am mortified that I'm having so many issues. My Colon is riddled with diverticulitis and I believe it's due to immitrex. MY migraines are pain level 10 lasting 5 day so I had no choice but to load up on the meds. Now I'm in Agony with my stomach. I'm feeling so down right now.
I was on nuvigil for about two years with prior episodes of diverticulitis. I've been off nuvigil for several months and was recently hospitalized for seven days. Immediately, the docs were pushing for surgery. I'm going on about 2-3 weeks for a second opinion. I started my nuvigil today and ...