Doxycycline hyclate and Swallowing difficulty - from FDA reports
Swallowing difficulty is found among people who take Doxycycline hyclate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Insomnia. This review analyzes which people have Swallowing difficulty with Doxycycline hyclate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,888 people who have side effects when taking Doxycycline hyclate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 27, 2017
3,888 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline hyclate.
Among them, 35 people (0.9%) have Swallowing difficulty
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Doxycycline hyclate when people have Swallowing difficulty *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Doxycycline hyclate *:
- female: 82.86 %
- male: 17.14 %
Age of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Doxycycline hyclate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.57 %
- 20-29: 14.29 %
- 30-39: 7.14 %
- 40-49: 10.71 %
- 50-59: 32.14 %
- 60+: 32.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Insomnia (3 people, 8.57%)
- Pneumonia (2 people, 5.71%)
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Metastatic (2 people, 5.71%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 5.71%)
- Bronchospasm (2 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (3 people, 8.57%)
- Plavix (3 people, 8.57%)
- Gabapentin (3 people, 8.57%)
- Azithromycin (3 people, 8.57%)
- Albuterol (3 people, 8.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (7 people, 20.00%)
- Diarrhea (6 people, 17.14%)
- Breathing Difficulty (6 people, 17.14%)
- Weakness (5 people, 14.29%)
- Itching (5 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Swallowing difficulty when taking Doxycycline hyclate?
- Check symptoms - is swallowing difficulty caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSwallowing difficulty and drugs with ingredients of doxycycline hyclate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSwallowing difficulty and Doxycycline hyclate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Doxycycline hyclate has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Doxycycline hyclate 5,237 users)
Swallowing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 59,152 Swallowing difficulty patients).
Browse all side effects of Doxycycline hyclatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Swallowing difficultySwallowing difficulty
Could your condition cause Swallowing difficultySwallowing difficulty
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have had a total of 4 doses of Mucinex due to a bad cold and cough. I started having an issue swallowing which really concerned me. Took a drink of water to make sure my throat wasn't closing up and was ok.. But after taking my last dose (every 4 hour dose) and started having trouble ...
User reviews to the study
I've had RA for a few years now but have just started experiencing problems with swallowing about 3 weeks ago. It has me a little scared. I actually just looked it up to see if it could be a symptom of RA because I wasn't sure. Now I'm curious as to how common this is and how bad it can get? I ...