Review: could Doxycycline cause Dental abscess (Tooth abscess)?
Summary: Dental abscess is found among people who take Doxycycline, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 12,090 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline from FDA and social media. Among them, 171 have Dental abscess. Find out below who they are, when they have Dental abscess and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Dental abscess >>>
Doxycycline has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from 13,704 Doxycycline users)
Dental abscess (pus formation in tooth) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 10,793 Dental abscess patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 12,082 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline. Among them, 171 people (1.42%) have Dental Abscess.
Time on Doxycycline when people have Dental abscess * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dental abscess||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dental abscess when taking Doxycycline * :
|Dental abscess||52.90%||47.10% |
Age of people who have Dental abscess when taking Doxycycline * :
|Dental abscess||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.70%||0.00%||15.49%||46.48%||37.32% |
Severity of Dental abscess when taking Doxycycline ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dental abscess||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dental abscess ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dental abscess||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (47 people, 27.49%)
- Breast cancer (25 people, 14.62%)
- Hypertension (24 people, 14.04%)
- Trismus (18 people, 10.53%)
- Sleep disorder (16 people, 9.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (138 people, 80.70%)
- Aredia (75 people, 43.86%)
- Chemotherapeutics nos (74 people, 43.27%)
- Nexium (72 people, 42.11%)
- Zocor (66 people, 38.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dental Abscess while taking Doxycycline?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Dental Abscess
- support group for people who take Doxycycline
- support group for people who have Dental Abscess
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline Hyclate for a 42-year old woman with Rosacea. The patient has Feeding - Lack Of Interest
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline for a 63-year old man with Bronchitis. The patient has Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
Recent Doxycycline related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.