Home > Doxycycline > Dental abscess > Doxycycline and Dental abscess
Review: could Doxycycline cause Dental abscess (Tooth abscess)?
Summary: Dental abscess is found among people who take Doxycycline, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 12,053 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline from FDA and social media. Among them, 170 have Dental abscess. Find out below who they are, when they have Dental abscess and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Dental abscess >>>
Doxycycline (latest outcomes from 13,662 users) has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne.
Dental abscess (pus formation in tooth) (latest reports from 103,106 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, metastases to bone, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 12,043 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline. Among them, 170 people (1.41%) have Dental Abscess.
Time on Doxycycline when people have Dental abscess * :
Gender of people who have Dental abscess when taking Doxycycline * :
|Dental abscess||53.25%||46.75% |
Age of people who have Dental abscess when taking Doxycycline * :
|Dental abscess||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.71%||0.00%||14.89%||46.81%||37.59% |
Severity of Dental abscess when taking Doxycycline ** :
How people recovered from Dental abscess ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (47 people, 27.65%)
- Breast cancer (25 people, 14.71%)
- Hypertension (24 people, 14.12%)
- Trismus (18 people, 10.59%)
- Sleep disorder (16 people, 9.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (138 people, 81.18%)
- Aredia (75 people, 44.12%)
- Chemotherapeutics nos (74 people, 43.53%)
- Nexium (72 people, 42.35%)
- Zocor (66 people, 38.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dental Abscess while taking Doxycycline?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Dental Abscess
- support group for people who take Doxycycline
- support group for people who have Dental Abscess
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have chladmydia in my eye,,doctor has given me a single dose 1 gram of azithromycin,,however im a carrier of hep c,,should i take this medicine
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Chladymia In My Eye, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
I have gotten chladmydia bot genatally and its in my eye,,i have been a carrier of hep c for a long time,,my doctor has given me a single dose of azithromycin at 1 gram,,im afariad this may lead to liver failure,,anyone know
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Can 100mg doxycycline hyclate be taken at the same time with zithromax?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Lyme Disease - Early Disseminated, Strep Throat, and takes Azithromycin, Doxycycline Hyclate)
Patient was bitten by a deer tick and is taking doxycycline as preventive measure. A throat infection is developing for which the doxycycline seems to have no effect, though azithromycin has proven rapidly effective in the past. Should the doxycycline be discontinued during the azithromycin cycle? ...
- Are my symptoms caused by doxycycline ?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Gum Abscesses X2, Anosmia, Pain In Fingers And Thumb Left Hand Severe Possible Nerve Based, and takes Doxycycline)
Within 12 hours of taking first dose of 200mg Doxycycline severe pain in knuckle of pinkie finger, over next 2 days shifted to index finger then finally to thumb and index finger pain severe unable to tolerate any pressure in area and continues until now. 3rd day red rash to face with what looked li ...
- The effect of doxycycline on the morning after pill
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Feeling Dizzy,nauseous, and takes Doxycycline)
i had sex with my boyfriend a week after i had my periods.i took an antibiotic(doxycycline) the morning before.when we had sex,the condom burst and we went straight to the pharmacy to buy the morning after pill..is there a probability that the pill might have worked?
More questions for: Doxycycline, Dental abscess
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My experience with lyme
(Posted by a 25 year old man who has Cognitive And Psychiatric Disorder, Lyme Disease, Inflammation And Severe Nerve Damage, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
My final semester at college-
Woke up to extreme inflammation in what was determined to be a portion of my trapezius on the left side length of my next. It was accompanied by severely swollen lymph nodes throughout my entire body. I went about my day with what to me was seemingly a bad neck cramp ...
- Symptons from taking doxycyclin
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Rash From The Sunburn And Very Itchy, High Sensitivity To Sun, Burned Easily Even With Sunscreen, Cold Tingling On Toes And Hands, Skin Burning Sensation On Hands, Elevated Creatinine Levels, and takes Doxycycline)
I recently went in for a physical, everything was normal except my Creatinine levels. I had severe symptoms from burning hands/knuckles to feeling very tingly like cold needles. Also, burned very easily from sun even with 50 sun screen applied. Should I be worried about the Creatinine levels be abn ...
- Doxycycline/severe sun reaction
(Posted by a 80 year old man who has Virgilio, Severe Burning And Redness Lasted For Weeks, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
Was put on Doxycycline for an infection on the surface of my knee.Went to a football game in NC,SEPT.14TH,was in sun for maybe 3-4 hours.I have Virgilio but have been in sun many times with no such burn.Also used 45 sunblock!
Went to doctor following Monday,because of concern for infection,she s ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Doxycycline, Dental abscess
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Azithromycin for a patient with Lyme Disease, Bronchitis. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Comments: I have so many side effects that chronic fatigue seems simplistic. Almost every cell in my body has been damaged. I have seen over 20 doctors since my cascade of symptoms started (13years ago). They all play dumb, tell me my problem is not in their specialty, or offer me antidepressants. Yet whe ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Humira, Omeprazole, Doxycycline Hyclate, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clobetasol Propionate, Viagra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Fish Oil, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Whey Protein, Cis-9,trans-11 Conjugated Linoleic Acid; CLA; CLA-Free Fatty Acid; CLA-Triacylglycerol; LA; Linoleic Acid ; Trans-10,cis-12 Conjugated Linoleic Acid for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Arthritis - Psoriatic, Acid Reflux, Acne, Quit Smoking, Psoriasis, Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Deficiency, Immune System Health, Protein Supplement, Weight Loss. The patient has Pustular Psoriasis, Headache, Cold Sore
Comments: Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 1981, severe arthritis remission 1982 with minor after. Used cortisone compounds for plaque psoriasis since with minimal effectiveness. Started Humira 10 mths ago. Initially experienced Very High effectiveness with improved nails. Now winter time, few minor blemishes re ...
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline for a patient with Chest Infection. The patient has Sensitivity Of Teeth
Comments: I have never suffered with sensitive teeth before. Not once. Even whilst taking the medicine I could feel my teeth getting more sensitive day by day. The actual medicine I had was Doxycycline 1 x 100mg tablet a day for 14 days and I don't know the maker of it, I selected (Baxter Healthcare) because ...
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Doxycycline Hyclate, Turmeric Root, Calcium, Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Omega-3, Omega 6, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, CoQ10, Alpha-Lipoic Acid Extract, Selenomethionine, Chromium Picolinate, B Complex Vitamin, Garlic, Zinc Sulfate for a patient with Panic Disorder, Anxiety, Acne Rosacea, Inflammatory Pain, Health, Bone, Muscle, Nerve Health, Metabolism, Wine And Heart Health, Life Support, Cell Evaluation, Antioxidant Therapy, Nervous System Neoplasm, Cholesterol, Immune System Disorder. The patient has Loss Of Libido, Dry Eye, Dry Skin, Dry Mouth, Dizziness, Disturbance In Attention, Neck Pain
Comments: I came to your website searching for information and answers with regards to neck pain and doxycycline hyclate. I took it in a very low/non-antibiotic form (Oracea) for about 2 1/2 years; after about a month of stopping it, the neck pain disappeared. At the time, I attributed the pain cessation to ...
More related studies for: Doxycycline, Dental abscess
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.