Home > Doxycycline > Hair loss > Doxycycline and Hair loss
Review: could Doxycycline cause Hair loss?
We study 12,043 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline from FDA and social media. Among them, 168 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Hair loss >>>
Doxycycline (latest outcomes from 13,646 users) has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,047 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 12,027 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline. Among them, 168 people (1.40%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Doxycycline when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||64.29%||7.14%||7.14%||14.29%||0.00%||7.14%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Doxycycline * :
|Hair loss||84.67%||15.33% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Doxycycline * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||16.22%||17.57%||32.43%||13.51%||17.57% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Doxycycline ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||20.00%||40.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Eczema (20 people, 11.90%)
- Anxiety (19 people, 11.31%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (16 people, 9.52%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (13 people, 7.74%)
- Vitiligo (11 people, 6.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (68 people, 40.48%)
- Aspirin (59 people, 35.12%)
- Percocet (44 people, 26.19%)
- Zometa (44 people, 26.19%)
- Diflucan (41 people, 24.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Doxycycline?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Doxycycline
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
Severe breakage/ moderate hair falling out
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Doxycycline, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My experience with lyme
My final semester at college-
Woke up to extreme inflammation in what was determined to be a portion of my trapezius on the left side length of my next. It was accompanied by severely swollen lymph nodes throughout my entire body. I went about my day with what to me was seemingly a bad neck cramp ...
- Symptons from taking doxycyclin
I recently went in for a physical, everything was normal except my Creatinine levels. I had severe symptoms from burning hands/knuckles to feeling very tingly like cold needles. Also, burned very easily from sun even with 50 sun screen applied. Should I be worried about the Creatinine levels be abn ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Doxycycline, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Doxycycline (doxycycline hyclate) is often used for acne. Find out below the conditions Doxycycline is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Doxycycline used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (22 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Swallowing Difficulty
- Renal Failure Acute