Review: could Doxycycline cause Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Multiple sclerosis is found among people who take Doxycycline, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Avonex, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 12,090 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Multiple sclerosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Multiple sclerosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Multiple sclerosis >>>
Doxycycline has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from 13,704 Doxycycline users)
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) has been reported by people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 224,273 Multiple sclerosis patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 12,082 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline. Among them, 15 people (0.12%) have Multiple Sclerosis.
Time on Doxycycline when people have Multiple sclerosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Multiple sclerosis||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Multiple sclerosis when taking Doxycycline * :
|Multiple sclerosis||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Multiple sclerosis when taking Doxycycline * :
|Multiple sclerosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||16.67%||50.00%||8.33% |
Severity of Multiple sclerosis when taking Doxycycline ** :
How people recovered from Multiple sclerosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 13.33%)
- Lyme disease (1 people, 6.67%)
- Hepatitis c (1 people, 6.67%)
- Convulsion (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (5 people, 33.33%)
- Voltaren (4 people, 26.67%)
- Xylocaine (4 people, 26.67%)
- Pegasys (4 people, 26.67%)
- Vitamin b-12 (4 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of doxycycline and multiple sclerosis on
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis while taking Doxycycline?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Multiple Sclerosis
- support group for people who take Doxycycline
- support group for people who have Multiple Sclerosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline Hyclate for a 42-year old woman with Rosacea. The patient has Feeding - Lack Of Interest
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline for a 63-year old man with Bronchitis. The patient has Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
Recent Doxycycline related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.