Home > Doxycycline > Multiple sclerosis > Doxycycline and Multiple sclerosis
Review: could Doxycycline cause Multiple sclerosis?
We study 12,043 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Multiple sclerosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Multiple sclerosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Multiple sclerosis >>>
Doxycycline (latest outcomes from 13,658 users) has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne.
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 279,998 patients) has been reported by people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 12,043 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline. Among them, 15 people (0.12%) have Multiple Sclerosis.
Time on Doxycycline when people have Multiple sclerosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Multiple sclerosis||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Multiple sclerosis when taking Doxycycline * :
|Multiple sclerosis||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Multiple sclerosis when taking Doxycycline * :
|Multiple sclerosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||16.67%||50.00%||8.33% |
Severity of Multiple sclerosis when taking Doxycycline ** :
How people recovered from Multiple sclerosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 13.33%)
- Lyme disease (1 people, 6.67%)
- Hepatitis c (1 people, 6.67%)
- Convulsion (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (5 people, 33.33%)
- Voltaren (4 people, 26.67%)
- Xylocaine (4 people, 26.67%)
- Pegasys (4 people, 26.67%)
- Vitamin b-12 (4 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis while taking Doxycycline?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Multiple Sclerosis
- support group for people who take Doxycycline
- support group for people who have Multiple Sclerosis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I have chladmydia in my eye,,doctor has given me a single dose 1 gram of azithromycin,,however im a carrier of hep c,,should i take this medicine
I have gotten chladmydia bot genatally and its in my eye,,i have been a carrier of hep c for a long time,,my doctor has given me a single dose of azithromycin at 1 gram,,im afariad this may lead to liver failure,,anyone know
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
More questions for: Doxycycline, Multiple sclerosis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My experience with lyme
My final semester at college-
Woke up to extreme inflammation in what was determined to be a portion of my trapezius on the left side length of my next. It was accompanied by severely swollen lymph nodes throughout my entire body. I went about my day with what to me was seemingly a bad neck cramp ...
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Symptons from taking doxycyclin
I recently went in for a physical, everything was normal except my Creatinine levels. I had severe symptoms from burning hands/knuckles to feeling very tingly like cold needles. Also, burned very easily from sun even with 50 sun screen applied. Should I be worried about the Creatinine levels be abn ...
More reviews for: Doxycycline, Multiple sclerosis
On eHealthMe, Doxycycline (doxycycline hyclate) is often used for acne. Find out below the conditions Doxycycline is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Doxycycline used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Doxycycline, Multiple sclerosis
Recent Doxycycline related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Doxycycline, Multiple sclerosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (44 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Bromfed Dm
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Sy/premenstrual Syndrome
- L Glutathione