Home > Doxycycline > Swelling > Doxycycline and Swelling
Review: could Doxycycline cause Swelling?
Summary: Swelling is found among people who take Doxycycline, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 12,053 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline from FDA and social media. Among them, 128 have Swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Swelling >>>
Doxycycline (latest outcomes from 13,662 users) has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne.
Swelling (latest reports from 25,848 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 12,043 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline. Among them, 128 people (1.06%) have Swelling.
Time on Doxycycline when people have Swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Swelling when taking Doxycycline * :
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Doxycycline * :
Severity of Swelling when taking Doxycycline ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (21 people, 16.41%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 14.06%)
- Pain (15 people, 11.72%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (15 people, 11.72%)
- Fatigue (14 people, 10.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (56 people, 43.75%)
- Ativan (44 people, 34.38%)
- Lexapro (42 people, 32.81%)
- Aspirin (41 people, 32.03%)
- Prilosec (40 people, 31.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Sam (2 years ago):
Many tick bites in NC last month,-- eight(8) plus. Dr. there said to take Doxycyline 100 for 10 days if any suspect symptoms developed.
I am now back home in Thailand and lower back and butt muscle pain and stiffness has come on strongly.
I took my second Doxy pill a few hours ago and my penis is starting to become swollen with red inflammation.
I took an Aleve two hours ago, to fight the inflammation, until I find out what I should do?
Should I continue the doxycycline, but with an anti-inflammatory?
What anti-inflammatory should I take, when and how much?
Is there an effective substitute to the doxycycline that I can switch to?
I am a 73 and male
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling while taking Doxycycline?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Doxycycline and have Swelling
- support group for people who take Doxycycline
- support group for people who have Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have chladmydia in my eye,,doctor has given me a single dose 1 gram of azithromycin,,however im a carrier of hep c,,should i take this medicine
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Chladymia In My Eye, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
I have gotten chladmydia bot genatally and its in my eye,,i have been a carrier of hep c for a long time,,my doctor has given me a single dose of azithromycin at 1 gram,,im afariad this may lead to liver failure,,anyone know
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Can 100mg doxycycline hyclate be taken at the same time with zithromax?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Lyme Disease - Early Disseminated, Strep Throat, and takes Azithromycin, Doxycycline Hyclate)
Patient was bitten by a deer tick and is taking doxycycline as preventive measure. A throat infection is developing for which the doxycycline seems to have no effect, though azithromycin has proven rapidly effective in the past. Should the doxycycline be discontinued during the azithromycin cycle? ...
- Are my symptoms caused by doxycycline ?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Gum Abscesses X2, Anosmia, Pain In Fingers And Thumb Left Hand Severe Possible Nerve Based, and takes Doxycycline)
Within 12 hours of taking first dose of 200mg Doxycycline severe pain in knuckle of pinkie finger, over next 2 days shifted to index finger then finally to thumb and index finger pain severe unable to tolerate any pressure in area and continues until now. 3rd day red rash to face with what looked li ...
- The effect of doxycycline on the morning after pill
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Feeling Dizzy,nauseous, and takes Doxycycline)
i had sex with my boyfriend a week after i had my periods.i took an antibiotic(doxycycline) the morning before.when we had sex,the condom burst and we went straight to the pharmacy to buy the morning after pill..is there a probability that the pill might have worked?
More questions for: Doxycycline, Swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My experience with lyme
(Posted by a 25 year old man who has Cognitive And Psychiatric Disorder, Lyme Disease, Inflammation And Severe Nerve Damage, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
My final semester at college-
Woke up to extreme inflammation in what was determined to be a portion of my trapezius on the left side length of my next. It was accompanied by severely swollen lymph nodes throughout my entire body. I went about my day with what to me was seemingly a bad neck cramp ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Symptons from taking doxycyclin
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Rash From The Sunburn And Very Itchy, High Sensitivity To Sun, Burned Easily Even With Sunscreen, Cold Tingling On Toes And Hands, Skin Burning Sensation On Hands, Elevated Creatinine Levels, and takes Doxycycline)
I recently went in for a physical, everything was normal except my Creatinine levels. I had severe symptoms from burning hands/knuckles to feeling very tingly like cold needles. Also, burned very easily from sun even with 50 sun screen applied. Should I be worried about the Creatinine levels be abn ...
- Doxycycline/severe sun reaction
(Posted by a 80 year old man who has Virgilio, Severe Burning And Redness Lasted For Weeks, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
Was put on Doxycycline for an infection on the surface of my knee.Went to a football game in NC,SEPT.14TH,was in sun for maybe 3-4 hours.I have Virgilio but have been in sun many times with no such burn.Also used 45 sunblock!
Went to doctor following Monday,because of concern for infection,she s ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Doxycycline, Swelling
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline Hyclate for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Ear Lobe Infection (infection of lower part of the external ear)
Comments: I've had an ear infection for over a month. My first antibiotics was augmentin, but it didn't work.Now I'm on doxycycline and I'm showing a lot of brown streaks in my semen,so I'm trying to see if I need to go back to the doctor, or if this is normal.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline for a patient with Prostatitis. The patient has Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (eustachian tube problems like clearing the ears when flying, suffering infection, and recurring ear infection)
Comments: I have been taking doxycycline for less than a week to treat a prostatitis condition. Five days into the course of drugs I have received reduced hearing in my left ear and a sense of fullness/fluid blockage. Is this related? I have stopped taking the drugs as of today
More related studies for: Doxycycline, Swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Silver and Psychogenic Erectile Dysfunction
- Bad Breath
- Kidney Stones and Arrhythmia
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cough and Topamax
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (32 minutes ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (1 hour ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (12 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (20 hours ago)
- Jakavi_side effects on weight gain
Gained 6 kgs after 3 months of using Jakafi 5mg (4 tabs)/d ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Mirapex, Pravachol, Cymbalta, Clonidine, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax for a 58-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, RLS, High Density Lipoprotein Abnormal, RSD, Hot Flashes, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Headache (42 minutes ago)
- Cephalexin, Aranesp for a 86-year old woman who has Discitis, Low Hemoglobin (46 minutes ago)
- Humira for a 29-year old woman who has Psoriasis (1 hour ago)