Review: could Effexor xr cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Acid reflux is found among people who take Effexor xr, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lamictal, and have Pain.
We study 20,443 people who have side effects while taking Effexor xr from FDA and social media. Among them, 41 have Acid reflux. Find out below who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Acid reflux >>>
Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 21,892 Effexor xr users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,207 Acid reflux patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 20,443 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor xr. Among them, 41 people (0.20%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Effexor xr when people have Acid reflux * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acid reflux||6.25%||6.25%||37.50%||6.25%||25.00%||12.50%||6.25% |
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Effexor xr * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.13%||12.82%||28.21%||35.90%||17.95% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Effexor xr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||56.25%||25.00%||18.75% |
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (16 people, 39.02%)
- Muscle spasms (14 people, 34.15%)
- Bone lesion (13 people, 31.71%)
- Restless legs syndrome (13 people, 31.71%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 31.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (16 people, 39.02%)
- Prevacid (16 people, 39.02%)
- Valium (15 people, 36.59%)
- Ambien (15 people, 36.59%)
- Flexeril (15 people, 36.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of effexor xr and acid reflux on
Do you have Acid Reflux while taking Effexor Xr?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Acid Reflux
- support group for people who take Effexor xr
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Cephalexin for a 26-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Eczema Nummular.
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Suboxone for a 28-year old woman with Depression, Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Wheezing
Recent Effexor xr related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Focalin, Effexor for a 46-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Prozac, Xanax, Sprintec for a 20-year old woman who has Teenagers And Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Cymbalta for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.