Review: could Effexor xr cause Bowel movement irregularity?
Summary: Bowel movement irregularity is reported only by a few people who take Effexor xr.
We study 20,443 people who have side effects while taking Effexor xr from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Bowel movement irregularity. Find out below who they are, when they have Bowel movement irregularity and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Bowel movement irregularity >>>
Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 21,892 Effexor xr users)
Bowel movement irregularity
Bowel movement irregularity has been reported by people with pain, crohn's disease, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, type 2 diabetes. (latest reports from 1,408 Bowel movement irregularity patients)
On Mar, 18, 2015: 20,443 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor xr. Among them, 4 people (0.02%) have Bowel Movement Irregularity.
Time on Effexor xr when people have Bowel movement irregularity * :
Age of people who have Bowel movement irregularity when taking Effexor xr * :
|Bowel movement irregularity||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Bowel movement irregularity when taking Effexor xr ** :
How people recovered from Bowel movement irregularity ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 50.00%)
- Ill-defined disorder (2 people, 50.00%)
- Abscess (2 people, 50.00%)
- Vertigo (2 people, 50.00%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amitriptyline hcl (2 people, 50.00%)
- Prednisone tab (2 people, 50.00%)
- Provigil (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 50.00%)
- Namenda (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bowel Movement Irregularity while taking Effexor Xr?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Bowel Movement Irregularity
- support group for people who take Effexor xr
- support group for people who have Bowel Movement Irregularity
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Spironolactone, Effexor XR for a 34-year old woman with Acne, Anxiety. The patient has Eyes - Sensitive To Light
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate for a 32-year old woman with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Weakness, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated, Nausea, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Effexor xr related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.