Review: could Effexor xr cause Burping (Belching)?
Summary: Burping is found among people who take Effexor xr, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Meloxicam, and have Depression.
We study 20,443 people who have side effects while taking Effexor xr from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Burping. Find out below who they are, when they have Burping and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Burping >>>
Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 21,892 Effexor xr users)
Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 5,912 Burping patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 20,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor xr. Among them, 33 people (0.16%) have Burping.
Time on Effexor xr when people have Burping * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Burping when taking Effexor xr * :
Severity of Burping when taking Effexor xr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Burping ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (17 people, 51.52%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 39.39%)
- Arthritis (11 people, 33.33%)
- Headache (8 people, 24.24%)
- Spondylitis (8 people, 24.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Meloxicam (13 people, 39.39%)
- Prozac (13 people, 39.39%)
- Clonazepam (9 people, 27.27%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (8 people, 24.24%)
- Fosamax (8 people, 24.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of effexor xr and burping on
Do you have Burping while taking Effexor Xr?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Burping
- support group for people who take Effexor xr
- support group for people who have Burping
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Ramipril, Effexor Xr for a 58-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ocd. The patient has Epicondylitis
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Cephalexin for a 26-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Eczema Nummular.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Suboxone for a 28-year old woman with Depression, Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Wheezing
Recent Effexor xr related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Focalin, Effexor for a 46-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Prozac, Xanax, Sprintec for a 20-year old woman who has Teenagers And Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Cymbalta for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.