Review: could Effexor xr cause Intolerance to heat (Heat intolerance)?
Summary: Intolerance to heat is found among people who take Effexor xr, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Cymbalta, and have High blood pressure.
We study 20,454 people who have side effects while taking Effexor xr from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Intolerance to heat. Find out below who they are, when they have Intolerance to heat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Intolerance to heat >>>
Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 21,906 Effexor xr users)
Intolerance to heat
Intolerance to heat (feeling of being overheated) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, stress and anxiety, gastroesophageal reflux disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 247 Intolerance to heat patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 20,443 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor xr. Among them, 6 people (0.03%) have Intolerance To Heat.
Time on Effexor xr when people have Intolerance to heat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Intolerance to heat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Intolerance to heat when taking Effexor xr * :
|Intolerance to heat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||16.67%||33.33%||16.67% |
Severity of Intolerance to heat when taking Effexor xr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Intolerance to heat||0.00%||25.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Intolerance to heat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Intolerance to heat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (3 people, 50.00%)
- Hysterectomy (1 people, 16.67%)
- Neuropathy (1 people, 16.67%)
- Allergies (1 people, 16.67%)
- Anxiety disorder (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (1 people, 16.67%)
- Neurontin (1 people, 16.67%)
- Clarinex (1 people, 16.67%)
- Hydroxyzine (1 people, 16.67%)
- Toprol-xl (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Intolerance To Heat while taking Effexor Xr?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Intolerance To Heat
- support group for people who take Effexor xr
- support group for people who have Intolerance To Heat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Effexor Xr for a 59-year old woman with Psychotic, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Tooth Discoloration
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Zanaflex, Vistaril, Methadone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-100, Remeron for a 29-year old woman with Depression, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Fibromyalgia, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition.
- A study of side effects of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 41-year old man with Depression. The patient has Blood In Stool
- A study of side effects of Effexor Xr for a 31-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Insomnia, Compulsive Shopping
Recent Effexor xr related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Effexor, Celexa, Lexapro for a 30-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Latuda, Effexor for a 56-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor, Namenda for a 63-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.