Review: could Effexor xr cause Sexual dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Sexual dysfunction is found among people who take Effexor xr, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lexapro, and have Depression.
We study 20,454 people who have side effects while taking Effexor xr from FDA and social media. Among them, 202 have Sexual dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sexual dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Sexual dysfunction >>>
Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 21,906 Effexor xr users)
Sexual dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,173 Sexual dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 20,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor xr. Among them, 211 people (1.03%) have Sexual Dysfunction.
Time on Effexor xr when people have Sexual dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sexual dysfunction||27.50%||22.50%||13.75%||15.00%||12.50%||6.25%||2.50% |
Age of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Effexor xr * :
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||1.42%||9.91%||14.62%||26.89%||33.49%||13.68% |
Severity of Sexual dysfunction when taking Effexor xr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sexual dysfunction||11.76%||47.06%||23.53%||17.65% |
How people recovered from Sexual dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||22.22%||77.78% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (89 people, 42.18%)
- Anxiety (49 people, 23.22%)
- Hypertension (31 people, 14.69%)
- Panic disorder (28 people, 13.27%)
- Insomnia (12 people, 5.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (50 people, 23.70%)
- Wellbutrin xl (48 people, 22.75%)
- Effexor (46 people, 21.80%)
- Zometa (42 people, 19.91%)
- Ativan (41 people, 19.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of effexor xr and sexual dysfunction on
Do you have Sexual Dysfunction while taking Effexor Xr?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Sexual Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Effexor xr
- support group for people who have Sexual Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Abilify for a 38-year old woman with Depression, Mood Swings.
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a 45-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Effexor xr related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.