Review: could Effexor xr cause Subclavian vein thrombosis?
Summary: Subclavian vein thrombosis is found among people who take Effexor xr, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Ambien, and have Bone lesion.
We study 20,454 people who have side effects while taking Effexor xr from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Subclavian vein thrombosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Subclavian vein thrombosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Subclavian vein thrombosis >>>
Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 21,906 Effexor xr users)
Subclavian vein thrombosis
Subclavian vein thrombosis (abnormal condition in which a clot develops within the subclavian or axillary vein) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, acne, premenstrual syndrome, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 632 Subclavian vein thrombosis patients)
On Apr, 20, 2015: 20,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor xr. Among them, 16 people (0.08%) have Subclavian Vein Thrombosis.
Time on Effexor xr when people have Subclavian vein thrombosis * :
Age of people who have Subclavian vein thrombosis when taking Effexor xr * :
|Subclavian vein thrombosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.75%||0.00%||0.00%||56.25%||25.00% |
Severity of Subclavian vein thrombosis when taking Effexor xr ** :
How people recovered from Subclavian vein thrombosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bone lesion (13 people, 81.25%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 81.25%)
- Muscle spasms (13 people, 81.25%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (13 people, 81.25%)
- Restless legs syndrome (13 people, 81.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (16 people, 100.00%)
- Percocet (16 people, 100.00%)
- Flexeril (13 people, 81.25%)
- Coumadin (13 people, 81.25%)
- Oxycodone hcl (13 people, 81.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Subclavian Vein Thrombosis while taking Effexor Xr?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Subclavian Vein Thrombosis
- support group for people who take Effexor xr
- support group for people who have Subclavian Vein Thrombosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Ferrous Fumarate, Multivitamin, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Effexor Xr, Maxalt-mlt, Ibuprofen, Estrogel, Progesterone, Veramyst, Singulair, Spiriva, Aspirin, Atenolol, Ranolazine for a 53-year old woman with Vaginal Yeast Infection, Restless Leg Syndrome, General Physical Health Deterioration, Sinusitis Bacterial, Depression Postmenopausal, Migraine Without Aura, Headache, Menopause, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma Late Onset, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Non-cardiac Chest Pain. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Bacterial Rhinitis, Stress Incontinence, Tingling And Numbness, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor, Elavil, Sonata for a 23-year old woman with Major Depression, Antidepressant Therapy, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Accessory Nipples
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman with Seizure Disorder, Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Effexor Xr for a 59-year old woman with Psychotic, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Tooth Discoloration
Recent Effexor xr related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.