Review: could Effexor xr cause Withdrawal from opioids (Opiate withdrawal)?
Summary: Withdrawal from opioids is reported only by a few people who take Effexor xr.
We study 20,443 people who have side effects while taking Effexor xr from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal from opioids and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Withdrawal from opioids >>>
Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 21,884 Effexor xr users)
Withdrawal from opioids
Withdrawal from opioids has been reported by people with stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, general physical health deterioration, reflux oesophagitis, sleep disorder. (latest reports from 788 Withdrawal from opioids patients)
On Feb, 21, 2015: 20,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor xr. Among them, 1 people (0.00%) has Withdrawal From Opioids.
Time on Effexor xr when people have Withdrawal from opioids * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal from opioids||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal from opioids when taking Effexor xr * :
|Withdrawal from opioids||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Withdrawal from opioids when taking Effexor xr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Withdrawal from opioids||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Withdrawal from opioids ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Withdrawal from opioids||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar 2 (1 people, 100.00%)
- Fatigue (1 people, 100.00%)
- Drug abuse (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Olanzapine (1 people, 100.00%)
- Nuvigil (1 people, 100.00%)
- Suboxone (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Withdrawal From Opioids while taking Effexor Xr?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Effexor xr and have Withdrawal From Opioids
- support group for people who take Effexor xr
- support group for people who have Withdrawal From Opioids
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a 34-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Effexor, Ritalin for a 50-year old man with Bi-polar, Add.
- A study of side effects of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man with Anxiety. The patient has Feeling Of Body Temperature Change
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Effexor for a 43-year old woman with Weight Control, Anxiety. The patient has Sleep Issues, Tension Headaches, Skin Blushing/flushing, Itchy Spot On Face
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr, Ambien Cr, Restoril for a 40-year old woman with Chronic Depression, Paranoia, Insomnia. The patient has Depression Suicidal
Recent Effexor xr related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Prozac, Xanax, Sprintec for a 20-year old woman who has Teenagers And Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Cymbalta for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Effexor, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Effexor Xr, Wellbutrin Sr for a 64-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.