Home > Effexor > Acne > Effexor and Acne
Review: could Effexor cause Acne?
We study 52,240 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 81 have Acne. Find out below who they are, when they have Acne and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Effexor and have Acne >>>
Effexor (latest outcomes from 55,032 users) has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) (latest reports from 61,906 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 52,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 100 people (0.19%) have Acne.
Time on Effexor when people have Acne * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Acne when taking Effexor * :
Severity of Acne when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Acne ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (21 people, 21.00%)
- Crohn's disease (10 people, 10.00%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 10.00%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 9.00%)
- Breast cancer (8 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (48 people, 48.00%)
- Folic acid (25 people, 25.00%)
- Zoloft (21 people, 21.00%)
- Prednisone (18 people, 18.00%)
- Neurontin (18 people, 18.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acne while taking Effexor?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Acne
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Acne
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 hours ago):
It is an abdominal pain in the center of my abdomen above the naval. It is a dull ache and comes and goes daily.
From this study (6 hours ago):
Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with EFFEXOR include severe sweating and a electric zap-like feeling in my head if I forget a dose or even miss it by a few hours.
From this study (11 hours ago):
Exposure to tempratures below 60 F causes itching and hives on back and legs
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Effexor, Acne
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Effexor, Acne
On eHealthMe, Effexor (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Effexor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Effexor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (1 hour ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (1 hour ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Post Splenectomy Syndrome
- Anal Fistula
- Lithium Overdose
- Clobetasol Propionate