Home > Effexor > Acne > Effexor and Acne
Review: could Effexor cause Acne?
Summary: Acne is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Effexor xr, and have Depression.
We study 52,240 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 81 have Acne. Find out below who they are, when they have Acne and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Effexor and have Acne >>>
Effexor (latest outcomes from 55,054 users) has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) (latest reports from 62,569 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 52,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 100 people (0.19%) have Acne.
Time on Effexor when people have Acne * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Acne when taking Effexor * :
Severity of Acne when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Acne ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (21 people, 21.00%)
- Crohn's disease (10 people, 10.00%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 10.00%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 9.00%)
- Breast cancer (8 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (48 people, 48.00%)
- Folic acid (25 people, 25.00%)
- Zoloft (21 people, 21.00%)
- Prednisone (18 people, 18.00%)
- Neurontin (18 people, 18.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acne while taking Effexor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Acne
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Acne
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is effexor xr induce paraphillia
(Asked by a 34 year old man who has Hypochondriasis, Paraphilia, and takes Effexor Xr)
I am a hypocondriasis patient and taking medication last 3 year dose effexor xr 75 mg extendd release.. nw i heard some drug can induced paraphillia..then onwards i am fearing this effexor xr is coming under the category of paraphillia inducing drugs and ? And paraphillic nature vll get to me in fut ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Granuloma Annulare, and takes Topamax, Calcium , Vitamin D, Zetia, Effexor Xr, Levoxyl)
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- Can bacteria filled periodontal pockets cause acne
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Periodontal Pocket, Acne, and takes Manuka Honey)
on my bottom pre molar i have gum recession for a few years. Within that time i have also suffered from recurring out break on the same side and location of the periodontal pocket. the premolar on the opposite side has also recently started to recede, and i have noticed a small breakout forming. is ...
- How common is erectile dysfunction with effexor and adderall and how can it be combatted?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Adderall Xr 30, Effexor)
I take both Adderall and effexor to treat ADHD and anxiety/depression. I have taken both for years but Adderall longer. My ability to hold an erection and to experience an orgasm has decreased.
- Why are my medications making me look bloated
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Bloating, and takes Effexor Xr, Suboxone)
In 2008 I started the Suboxone Program. I Started on 16mg since then, I have been up and down on my doses. I was put on this drug as a result of my addiction to to over the counter opiates. I was also prescribed Seroquel, I stopped taking the Seroquel it wasn't helping me in anyway and I gained so m ...
More questions for: Effexor, Acne
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Weight Control, Menstruation Irregular, Hirsutism, Seasonal Allergy, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and takes Effexor Xr, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Loestrin 24 Fe, Zyrtec)
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Spironolactone caused meibomian gland dysfunction
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Acne Rosacea, Acne, and takes Spironolactone)
I started taking spironolactone to help with hormonal acne. I took 1 pill for 3 months without any noticeable problems. Then my dermatologist increased to 2X/day. Within 1 week the glands in my eyes (meibomian glands) completely clogged up and caused severe dry eye. I continued taking the spiron ...
More reviews for: Effexor, Acne
- A study of side effects of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression. The patient has Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body)
Comments: Severe skin pain where even a small breeze made from an envelope caused intense pain. Also have extreme burning sensations and short stabbing bains. My skin on my back feels very tight like it was very sunburned and it's so painful to even wear a bra. I was initially put on this medication when I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of side effects of Minocycline Hydrochloride for a patient with Acne. The patient has Hodgkin's Disease Nodular Sclerosis Stage Iv (cancer originating from white blood cells- stage iv), Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: I started taking Minocycline to treat my moderate acne on my cheeks. After about three weeks, I started feeling swollen lymph nodes and I thought it was normal for it is a possible side effect. As it continuously got worse, I went to the doctor to get checked about 1 1/2 months after I started the t ...
- A study of side effects of Effexor Xr for a patient with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Ear Blockage
Comments: My ears ( both ) are always blocked, but i guess even before taking the above stated medication.
I might have stigmatism too. I'm confirming this with my doctor next week. Not sure yet though.
More related studies for: Effexor, Acne
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.