Review: could Effexor cause Appetite - increased?
Summary: Appetite - increased is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Effexor xr, and have Depression.
We study 52,333 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 209 have Appetite - increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Appetite - increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor and have Appetite - increased >>>
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,143 Effexor users)
Appetite - increased
Appetite - increased (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 9,325 Appetite - increased patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 52,333 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 209 people (0.40%) have Appetite - Increased.
Time on Effexor when people have Appetite - increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Appetite - increased||26.83%||14.63%||17.07%||9.76%||7.32%||19.51%||4.88% |
Age of people who have Appetite - increased when taking Effexor * :
|Appetite - increased||0.54%||1.09%||1.63%||11.41%||14.67%||29.89%||26.63%||14.13% |
Severity of Appetite - increased when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Appetite - increased||0.00%||25.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Appetite - increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Appetite - increased||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (84 people, 40.19%)
- Anxiety (44 people, 21.05%)
- Bipolar disorder (32 people, 15.31%)
- Pain (19 people, 9.09%)
- Restless legs syndrome (16 people, 7.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (103 people, 49.28%)
- Zyprexa (40 people, 19.14%)
- Neurontin (39 people, 18.66%)
- Seroquel (33 people, 15.79%)
- Wellbutrin (32 people, 15.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Effexor and appetite - increased on
Do you have Appetite - Increased while taking Effexor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Appetite - Increased
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Appetite - Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bisacodyl, Esomeprazole Sodium for a 22-year old man with Bowel Incontinence, Indigestion. The patient has Hunger, Sweating - Excessive, Flatulence (flatus), Nausea, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Hyperacidity, Bowel Obstruction
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Effexor Xr for a 59-year old woman with Psychotic, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Tooth Discoloration
- A study of side effects of Penicillin-vk for a 23-year old woman with Tooth Infection. The patient has Hunger
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Zanaflex, Vistaril, Methadone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-100, Remeron for a 29-year old woman with Depression, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Fibromyalgia, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition.
Recent Effexor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.