Effexor and Dehydration - from FDA reports
Dehydration is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Dehydration with Effexor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 69,058 people who have side effects when taking Effexor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
69,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor.
Among them, 1,153 people (1.67%) have Dehydration
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Effexor when people have Dehydration *:
- < 1 month: 49.3 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.94 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.63 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.82 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.45 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.45 %
- 10+ years: 1.41 %
Gender of people who have Dehydration when taking Effexor *:
- female: 70.37 %
- male: 29.63 %
Age of people who have Dehydration when taking Effexor *:
- 0-1: 0.42 %
- 2-9: 0.21 %
- 10-19: 1.58 %
- 20-29: 5.7 %
- 30-39: 10.76 %
- 40-49: 18.14 %
- 50-59: 24.05 %
- 60+: 39.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (68 people, 5.90%)
- High Blood Pressure (55 people, 4.77%)
- Hepatitis C (53 people, 4.60%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (48 people, 4.16%)
- Multiple Myeloma (41 people, 3.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (167 people, 14.48%)
- Neurontin (154 people, 13.36%)
- Oxycontin (147 people, 12.75%)
- Xanax (140 people, 12.14%)
- Percocet (135 people, 11.71%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (397 people, 34.43%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (340 people, 29.49%)
- Weakness (328 people, 28.45%)
- Diarrhea (315 people, 27.32%)
- Fatigue (301 people, 26.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dehydration when taking Effexor?
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor 73,872 users)
Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, multiple myeloma, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 99,028 Dehydration patients).