Home > Effexor > Diabetes - type 2 > Effexor and Diabetes - type 2
Review: could Effexor cause Diabetes - type 2 (Type 2 diabetes)?
We study 52,240 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,050 have Diabetes - type 2. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes - type 2 and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Effexor and have Diabetes - type 2 >>>
Effexor (latest outcomes from 55,032 users) has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Diabetes - type 2
Diabetes - type 2 (latest reports from 220,849 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, sleep disorder.
On Oct, 23, 2014: 52,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 1,050 people (2.01%) have Diabetes - Type 2.
Time on Effexor when people have Diabetes - type 2 * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes - type 2||6.10%||23.17%||2.44%||17.07%||37.80%||9.76%||3.66% |
Age of people who have Diabetes - type 2 when taking Effexor * :
|Diabetes - type 2||0.53%||0.00%||0.62%||6.78%||20.95%||39.88%||21.83%||9.42% |
Severity of Diabetes - type 2 when taking Effexor ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes - type 2 ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (576 people, 54.86%)
- Bipolar disorder (377 people, 35.90%)
- Anxiety (312 people, 29.71%)
- Sleep disorder (257 people, 24.48%)
- Insomnia (173 people, 16.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (969 people, 92.29%)
- Risperdal (453 people, 43.14%)
- Effexor xr (441 people, 42.00%)
- Zyprexa (420 people, 40.00%)
- Abilify (307 people, 29.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes - Type 2 while taking Effexor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Diabetes - Type 2
- support group for people who take Effexor
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- Is rasberry ketone safe
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- How common is erectile dysfunction with effexor and adderall and how can it be combatted?
I take both Adderall and effexor to treat ADHD and anxiety/depression. I have taken both for years but Adderall longer. My ability to hold an erection and to experience an orgasm has decreased.
- Why are my medications making me look bloated
In 2008 I started the Suboxone Program. I Started on 16mg since then, I have been up and down on my doses. I was put on this drug as a result of my addiction to to over the counter opiates. I was also prescribed Seroquel, I stopped taking the Seroquel it wasn't helping me in anyway and I gained so m ...
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Has anyone seen an immuniologist for granuloma annulare, if so what was the outcome?
I have had granuloma annulare for over a year now. However it has spread like wildfire the last 2 months. It starte out on hands and arms, but is now on 40% of my trunk, back, sholders, legs. I have tried all meds and topucals. I am wondering if anyone has been to an Immuniologist for tretment since ...
- Do dpp4 inhibitors increase cancer risk?
Metabolic syndrome, ed, triglycerides untreated over 200, bp untreated 160/96, A1c untreated 9.
- Will garcinia cambodia interact with my medication
With these prescrption drugs will the garcinia cambodia interact?
- Can venlafaxine hydrochloride (effexor) cause hyperthyroidism in elderly women?
She was diagnosed with Hashimoto disease in her 40s and treated with thyroid supplements until her mid 80s. After taking Effexor for more than one year, she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism at 88.
More questions for: Effexor, Diabetes - type 2
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
- Metformin, vision blurred
My primary care physician prescribed Metformin for type 2 Diabetes. First pill caused "wobbly" then blurred vision within a half hour of taking. Asked doctor if I should stop taking the drug. She said no. Second pill doubled the blurring immediately. Long distance and middle vision (computer screen ...
More reviews for: Effexor, Diabetes - type 2
On eHealthMe, Effexor (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Effexor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Effexor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Effexor, Diabetes - type 2
Recent Effexor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ambien Cr, Adderall Xr 20, Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica, Vicodin, Effexor, Ultram for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Saphris, Effexor Xr for a 65-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Effexor, Lamictal for a 37-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Vistaril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Effexor Xr for a 50-year old woman who has Depression Anxiety
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Wellbutrin for a 45-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lamictal Xr, Effexor Xr for a 58-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Lyrica, Effexor Xr for a 28-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Effexor, Zoloft, Wellbutrin for a 56-year old woman who has IBS
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Paxil for a 48-year old man who has Anxiety
More related comparison studies for: Effexor, Diabetes - type 2
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (54 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Congenital Myopathy
- Poisoning Fish And Shellfish
- Florence Fennel
- Juglans Nigra